![]() |
![]() |
Wah... So much has happened today... Just 1 day only, so amazing.....
Firstly, I really thanked the Lord for providing me with lots of food today because my lab organised a farewell lunch for the lab attendants and there were so much food to go around... There were fried rice, bee hoon, oatmeal prawns, tofu, califlower with baby kailan, ching teng, mayo fish fillets, pawn-paste chicken wings, spring rolls, golden ingots and fruits with rose syrup drink... The food was great and delicious.... After eating, there were so much left-over that I took home some food.. In addition, it was fruits day and the lab supervisor gave me one big pack of grapes to bring home when I was packing up at the end of the day.. I'm so grateful for all the food that Him has given me because I'm trying to save some money now and the food comes in handy as I don't need to go out for lunch....
Secondly, my PSE broke down AGAIN... I'm so pissed off by the system because it was working well just last friday and it broke down today.. The problem was that it detected a leak in the system because it couldn't reach the pressure which I've conditioned it to be... I tried to do some trouble-shooting but it turned out that the pumps were working well in such a way that it could reach the pressure which stated in the limits.. I tried all ways to solve the problem but nothing seems to work that I have to resort to reuesting help from the equipement owner.. I could sensed that everyone was feeling frustrated with that piece of equipment because it has been giving so much problems that it wasn't a sound investment, causing much wastage of time and resources.
In addition, when I was doing some rotatary evaporation for my samples, something happened which would probably made it to the books of history. My round-bottom flask got stuck to the rotatary evaporator that I couldn't get it out at all... I tried so hard that my hands became red and a few blisters formed on my hands... In the end, I seeked SOS help from my colleague who manage to get it out with just a few knocks on the neck of the flask. I was so amazed because I didn't expect it to be so simple and easy. It somehow made me feel silly in my own ways that I've fought and struggled with that equipement.
While on my way home from work, I almost witnessed a traffic accident which may happened if not for the carefulness of the driver. There was this old man who wanted to cross the road but he did this in the most improper manner which is highly inapprociate given by his age and reaction. He jay-walked to walk the road.... i was so worried and scared for him when he crossed the road because as he was crossing, there was a taxi that was coming towards him. But due to his slow reaction and perhaps poor judgement, he misinterpretated that the taxi was using the inner lane of the road and slowed down his movement, eventually stopping on the outer lane of the road.... To my big big horror, the taxi was actually using the outer lane of the road...
I was so scared that the taxi might knocked the man down but luckily, the taxi slowed down and stopped. This allowed the man to cross the road and moved towards to road dividend... I was so glad then but I can't help worrying because he has completed half of the crossing only. My worry subside only when I could see that he was safely on the other side of the road...
This incident made me realised that death could be so near and life is so fragile.. Suddenly, it dawned upon me that I wasn't ready to die if there were any accidents that happened to me... I've so many things that I've yet to do... like diving and travelling around the world... it just made me feel more thankful for the life that I have and the journey that I've travelled to this point in time...