Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lab work....>

Today has been a great day.... Great in the way that I did some quality work in the lab ever since I stepped into the lab in the morning. What did I do today??? Let me think......
Hmmm.... I remembered... I did some rotatary evaporation of the samples (3 of them are my own samples while being the kind soul in the lab, I helped my colleague with 2 samples). Then, let the system extract 2 samples before doing rotatary evaporation again... After the whole evaporation of the sample, concentrate it into the standard volume before drying it with nitrogen... I have this fear of drying the samples with nitrogen because I'm afraid that the sample will come out and placed onto my hand or it will topple onto the fumehood... Then, all my efforts have gone into the drain.... Right now, at this point in time, my samples are happily analysed by the LC/MS/MS.... Sounds complicated, right?

LC/MS/MS is not complicated at all.... It's so easy but then, my big big supervisor is not that confident to let me receive training for it... Anyway, I did manage to learn some parts of it because one of my kind and good colleague taught me. Haha... I guess I'm going to pester my other supervisor to teach me to use the system and the ways to analyse the results generated by the system. It must be weird, strange and funny if I were to tell people that I have 3 supervisors now.... 1 of them is the big big one who is the head of the whole department. She is the main supervisor but due to her busy schedule, she doesn't have much time to supervise my work. Hence, she got another person who is new to supervise me... The other supervisor is the one who is in-charge of my attendance and I'm supposed to help her with her project...
Anyway, I liked my attachment... the people are great and I got along well with them.... Lots of laughter and fun in the lab...

Right now, I'm waiting for Junnie to send me the pictures which we took when we went out with others yesterday. I can't wait to see the pictures... I think we looked good in it.... Haha... Especially, the pictures which I took with Puiming and Edwin....

It rained heavily today and somehow, it make me feel kinda lonely... Started to think and miss that particular person...