![]() |
![]() |
Last night... I got myself into a discussion about religion with Edwin.... I just don't know how it ended up to that direction of religion but I know that I was persauding him to go for the parachute band's concert on friday.
He was listing down some of the main reasons on why he didn't want to go: 1) it would be crowded and he didn't like crowds 2) there is no place for the bags 3) there is no seats 4) songs not to his liking 5) sight of seeing people worshipping God doesn't suit him well.
I tried some ways to reduce the reasons such as saying that there would be security people to take care of the bags, it would be a new and different experience for him. Besides, the concert is relatively short so that he should be able to tolerate the crowds. Also, I said that he would not be standing still in one position as it is highly possible that he will move around slightly. Then, somehow, I feel that I've become his secretary because I was trying to plan his due dates for the assignments so that he is able to join us without having to worry about the workload of all the assignments.
Then, he started to talk about the topic of "hell", saying that non-believer will go to "hell" after death. I tried to rebuke that sentence, quoting from the bible that the book does not mention anything about the existence of "hell". It said that non-believer would be eternally separated from God... I was so afraid that I might said something wrong or offensive that somehow, I feel that I was relying on the holy spirit that was dwelling within me... I was trying to lighten the mood to prevent it from getting too serious... Anyway, the topic just died on that note because it was getting a bit late and he was having a writer's mind block that he couldn't get started on his essay on file analysis.... Really hope that he could come for the concert, it would be a nice and good experience for him.