Saturday, November 04, 2006

Concert night>

Today has been the day filled with much events which has tired me out...

I feel so blessed because one of my colleagues took out her own time to teach me the operation of the equipment LC/MS/MS. I strongly believed that I would not be able to learn such expensive and sophisticated piece of equipment in school or anywhere else. Also, I've obtained the green light in tagging along my colleague to observe them in the use of the IPC/MS so that I could learn the operation and workings of the equipment.

There was this concert: Parachute band at ManWai's church this evening... I went with Edwin for the concert and realised that such concert doesn't suit my personality and character. So far, I've been able to sit through a classical orchestra concert, enjoying the performance. However, this evening's concert, I wasn't able to do so because it's too nosiy for my liking. In addition, it's a little uncomfortable without proper seatings and it was so cramped. It wasn't my idea of a nice way of relaxing for the coming weekend. Anyway, during the concert, I could feel that Edwin wasn't that keen on the music and he was tired out from school. In a way, my heart went out for him and I felt uneasy because I shouldn't have "forced" him to come when he's so reluctant. I should have respected his decision when he said that he didn't feel like coming due to school work commitments and tiredness.
As a result, he sat at a corner while the concert was going on.... It was a pitiful sight to see him there, not enjoying the performance. Then, durng the interim, he wanted to leave because he wouldn't take it any more. It was a torture for him then. I was torn between manwai and edwin at that moment because manwai wanted me to stay but edwin wanted to leave... I was so confused to what I should do... In the end, I've decided to leave with him because it wouldn't reflect well on me because I was the one who persuaded him to come but he's not enjoying the performance. In a way, I'm responsible for him.... I need to ensure that he's well-taken care when he's there even though I'm not the one who send out the invitation for the concert. Actually, I didn't really want to go but then, I wanted to experience what it was like. Then, not wanting to be alone, I persuaded Edwin to go with me because I know that there is a possibilty that I will leave early if it's not to my liking. In the end, Edwin and myself went for dinner before making our way home together...
It was great fun to hang out with Edwin even though he always laugh and tease me... His views towards certain topics provide me with another angle in which the matter could be looked at.. He has broaded up my way of thoughts...