![]() |
![]() |
Yesterday... I was talking to Edwin and something he said made me ponder and think... He mentioned that if there is such a place as heaven, it would be filled with all the over-zealous christians and ex-convicts while hell would be filled with all people of other faiths such as Buddhist, Islam etc... It made me ponder because that statement seems to have some hidden meaning....
I was thinking.... if that was the case, people of other faiths might have the same thoughts. Therefore, no matter what happens, we will be at both places: heaven and hell simultaneously if that is possible. Sometimes, certain churches scare me even though I am a christian. It scares me because the people might be too "agressive" which is hidden within their overly friendly attitude. Also, the way people behave during the sermon seems so cult-like that I've suspicious thoughts about the church. Anyway, somehow I agreed with what Edwin said about the churches.... It's a better investment to use the money used for the building of churches for other charitable purposes like helping the poor and less fortunate. I believed God does not need a grand building with sophisticated equipments or such like that in order to worship Him... As long as we unit together as brothers and sister, we can worship Him at any places at all... Be it fields or some deserted areas.
Anyway, I was thinking of some stuff while travelling home today... Somehow, when someone celebrate birthday, the presents that they receive are what they have given out previously... Think about this... For instance, you give a present to person A that is worth $10... Then, when it's your birthday... Person A would give you a present of similar value... In other words, all the presents that you receive on your birthday is what you could have bought for yourself if you did not use the money to buy the presents for other people... It does make some sense after you think about it....