Friday, January 12, 2007

Meeting buyers= meeting blind date??>

It has been a wet wet day since yesterday when the rain just don't want to go away and allow the sun to be out... I really miss the sun for its warmth and brightness. I guess human is a complaining lot of people who always complain about certain things. For instance, on monday, the weather was extremely hot and humid, we wished for the rain. Then, when the rain is here, we wished for the sun to be out. Humans can never be easily satisfied with the things around them...

Today, I met up with my buyers for the photocopied version of the textbook. I must admit that it does feels a little like meeting a blind date where you don't know who to expect. You just identify them through the type of clothes that they might be wearing or giving them a call to locate them. Felt a bit nervous about meeting new people... Anyway, I'm glad that there are buyers for the textbook because I've thought that the module was no longer offered and that means I can't resell my stuff in order to get back my capital... Sounds a bit too business-like already but then, it's an investment to buy books and hoping to sell them again. There's always a certain risk involved because you never know whether there's a new edition of the book or there's a change in lecturer who require a different textbook or the module is no longer offered in the semester. It's always a challenge to buy books with the intention of wanting to sell them in the next semester.

Just now, as I was writing the previous paragraph on the books, I wanted to write about something but it slipped out of my head. Now, I can't remember what it is that I wanted to write about... I feel such a blockhead at times when this happens...

Oh yes... I remembered it now... As I was going to to the bookshop to photocopy some stuff, I met SweeMeng. Just talking to him make me realised that he's taking the same module as me but at different timing. He's taking ES2007S: Professional Communication at 800 on tuesday and friday. Somehow, I feel accomplished because I've managed to convince him to change to the same timeslot as me because of the need to form a group for the project. Now, it has been finalized that 3 of us would be in the same group for the project. Feel quite happy about it because my problem has been solved with regards to the grouping for the project work...