![]() |
![]() |
Last night, my mum received a call from my dad and it doesn't sound nice at all... From the tone of my mum's voice, I sensed trouble.
While watching television, I overheard part of the conversation between my mum and dad. It seems like my dad wanted to move into our house. I don't like that idea at all because he has not been with us for so many years. My last memory of him staying with us was when I was about 3 or 4 years old. Ever since then, he has never moved back at all. So.... it's like he has abandoned us for almost twenty years and now, he wants to move back. I would never accept that because I've grew accustomised to the 3 of us living under one roof: my mum, brother and I. If he were to move back, it would be so disruptive to our lives. We can't adapt to that type of change because somehow, it would feel like having a stranger within our house. There's no more privacy and I can't be myself at all... I think I'll lose myself and my identity because I would be so quiet at home that I might not know what I was like in the past before he moved back.
Anyway, I suspect that he has been thrown out by his other family and I have the feeling that he has asked my mum whether we would be able to accept his other daughter. I was feeling quite furious when I heard that because all along, he has been supporting them and not us. Leaving us to fight for our own survival.... it seems like he wants his other daughter to move in with us. Luckily, my mum stood by her stand that my brother and I would never accept her as our sister at all. Also, my mum didn't want him to move back at all because she has been independent ever since he left her for someone else.
All I can say is that I've never had a father who show me care and concern. The father that I have is one who is irresponsible to the extent that he doesn't give us any fiancial support for our food and education. My mum has been the one and only one who has sacrifice for us, working long hours to bring home the bacon and allowing us to go for holiday.
I'm feeling quite troubled by all this stuff because there might be a possibility that my dad may 'force' his way to move back with us. I don't like that idea at all... Suddenly, I feel as if my daily rountine in life has been thrown into turmoil...