Tuesday, February 20, 2007

CNY Visiting Adventure>

Today is the third day of CNY... The day which my grandma died a few years ago, in other words, it's her death anniversary. By right, I'm supposed to go to my grandma's place to offer my offerings and pray. But then, it sometimes brings back bad and sad memories that I chose not to go instead, wanting to escape from those haunting past. As a result, I went out with my friends for the CNY visiting adventure. At least, this will help to keep my mind off the unhappy and sad past about this particular day when I have to get ready for the funeral wake.

Anyway, today has been a fun but tiring day... We started at Tampines which happened to be Andy's place. It was hilarious to be there because we wanted to take a group photo at his place and asked his dad to help us with it. The funny thing is: his dad was pointing the lens at himself and said that he couldn't see us in the LCD screen at all... He was pointing the camera at the wrong direction and holding it wrongly... We couldn't help but to burst out laughing which made us feel quite bad and disrespectful.

Following, we went over to aaron's place to have lunch... I have to admit that his parents are great cooks because the food tasted great that I could finish a bowl of rice. Normally, I don't eat that much for lunch... I really feel for aaron in the way that he's staying in a cramped and crowded house. A 3-room flat with 3 other younger brothers, his parents, 2 dogs and a tank of fishes... It's so cramped that the 4 brothers have to share a room with 2 double-beds and a study table.. I really wonder how he can study in such an evironment where it's so cramped and noisy at times. No wonder he likes to go to school to study for the exam.

I just realised that it's quite a bad idea to go to my place directly from aaron's place because everyone would be so full from lunch that they can't really eat the snacks at my place. In the end, they just sit and relax.. Enjoying the baby photo of me... Then, we took the new bus service 45 to get to AngMoKia... I'm truly surprised by the speed at which the bus takes to reach AngMoKia from Bedok.. The whole journey only takes about 20minutes... This is so much faster than taking 22 which takes about 1 hours to reach AngMoKia from bedok.

Something happened along the way when we wanted to go to Zhiming's place... We made a boo-boo when we went to blk226 at bishan instead of blk226 at angmokia... I guess we wasted about 1 hour trying to get to zhiming's place from xiuzhen's place when we could actually take about 15 minutes to do so... It was so tiring to walk such a distance under the warm weather.. In the end, everyone was perspirating and feeling warm when we finally reached his place. Jasper's place was the last stop of the whole journey and his mum surprised us by saying that there would be steamboat dinner for us. Normally, we don't have dinner there because it would be so crowded with his relatives that we preferred to have dinner on our own outsides. The steamboat was great in the way that it somehow allow us to bond together through all the laughers and food. As the last entertainment, they wanted to go to KTV... I didn't want to go because I don't really sing and it would be a waste of money for my share. In addition, I find it expensive to pay about $20+ for 4 hours of singing which means that not all people will have a fair chance of singing much at all... In the end, I went home early which means I can rest early and have the energy to do my remaining lab report tomorrow.

By hook or by crook, I need to finish my lab reports by tomorrow so that I could finish my other stuff. I'm looking forward to friday to watch 'Norbit' with my friend at the cheap cinema in bedok interchange. Norbit... here I come..... Tired already... Still can't book for my practical test date yet... Think the system will be up tomorrow when everyone is back at work again from the CNY holiday... Stress... A bit like bidding for modules...