Monday, March 12, 2007

FRUSTRATION!!!!!>

Nothing can describe the frustration and the level of dissatisfaction that I'm feeling right now... It feels like the volcano is going to erupt if there's any more stress coming in to trigger it... I'm so damned pissed off that I'm lost for words to argue with anyone now... The reason for this.... That Prof. Chua....

Since last week, we suspected that there might be a viva today because she has returned our lab reports back to us. Viva is something like a oral exam based on the lab reports which we have done for our experiments. Anyway, there's no announcement or confirmation of the viva till late morning when one of us (Fadhir) went to ask her about it. It was then that she decided to have it... Somehow, she gave me the feeling that she's not that serious about it and have this attitude that:" Since you asked me for it, I'll give you what you want".

At first, we thought that we were the first group to go for the viva but then the problem arise that we do not have any lab report returned to us at all. So.. The question is:' How is she going to give us viva when we don't even have a single copy of our lab report?' If she were to return to us on the spot and give us the viva, it would be so unfair for us because we need some time to go through our report to refresh our minds on the experiment so that we are better prepared for the viva.

Then, Fadhir couldn't wait any longer that he went to ask Mdm Toh whether we were going to have viva since we don't have any lab report returned to us. Good news came that we didn't have any if we don't have the lab report. It turned out that she has not marked our lab report yet and the other set of report is with another prof. We happily went for our lunch then... I thought that I could go home after lunch to do some revision but I was wrong. Mdm Toh wanted us to hang around in the lab, just in case Prof Chua marked the reports and wanted to give us viva.

No choice and driven to a corner, I stayed in the lab and did minimum revision. Then, out of the blues, I received my lab report back. I was surprised because the rest of my group have not received their reports back and I got it back.. My world came crushing down because that means I would be viva and I can't go home at all. I read through my report and did some revision but my level of frustration increased with each passing minute. This is because Prof Chua had gone off at about 1+pm for her lunch and meeting with the dean's office. She made the promise that she will try to come back by 2.30pm to continue with the viva. We waited till 3+pm with no sight of her. We thought that perhaps she was still in the meeting but one of our TA said that she saw her in her own office. Maybe she has forgotten about us after the meeting... Then, the TA made a phone call to her office to remind her of the viva but she wasn't in the office and told us to wait for a while more...

At that time, my limit of patience has been reached that I decided to leave but Mdm Toh wouldn't let me do so.. So, I gave her the reason that I needed to go to the library. After the visit to the library, I just went home... Somehow, I feel that it's all a game that Prof Chua is in control and making a fool of us.. Thinking that we are students and have lots of time... HELLO!!! We are students but that doesn't mean that we are free... We have tons of work to do such as readings and revisions plus the reports...

Frustrated, frustrated, frustrated...

I want someone to comfort me... Say something to put my soul at peace... He comes to my mind right now...