![]() |
![]() |
Wow.... it has been ages since I last blogged... Guess it would be a relatively long blog as I will be blogging about my work expenience at OCBC. It has been 2 weeks since I worked there and I must say that I'm tired of the work already.. Just realized that I'm not suited for deck-bound work in the future because I get restless after some time. I need to move around and working in the lab seems to be a better choice because I get to move around and work with my hands. But then, no QC lab work for me because it's so rountine and mundane that it's so dead on the mind. I need something that allows me to move around and engage my mind... Also, I realized that I want to socialize with people at work because meeting people make life less boring and more exciting... Each and every person that you meet is a different experience because people have different story behind them...
Anyway, my first week at OCBC was bad because I caught something contagious at work... The virus... I came down with stomach flu and the experience was terrible.. The experience that I don't wish and never want to experience again... I was feeling weak and breaking out in cold sweat, plus the constant diarrhea was bad... It made me felt weak and I've no appetite to eat at all... For the whole day, I could only manage to drink water and simple porride. The pain from a bloated stomach was so unbearable that it was difficult to walk or stand... To make the matter worse, I was at work when all that happened. I couldn't quite focus at work and thank the Lord because there wasn't much work to be done. Also, there was this constant thought that I might have food poisoning and thoughts of the possible sources of contaminated food came to my mind but nothing seems to be the possible culprit till I saw the doctor who told me that it was stomach flu. I don't know how the doctor came up with the idea that I was a teacher and kept insisting that I stayed away from school and stayed at home to rest. Kept emphasising that the stomach flu virus is highly contagious and it is spread through any contaminated water droplets in the air. Anyway, during the time when I was sick, my mind was with him... Kept thinking of him and wishing that he could offer me some words of comfort to make me feel better.. But then, during that time when I was sick, no one really know about it except for my family. Suddenly, don't know what is going on with his life, have not heard from him for quite some time since I met him to get the book from him.
Back to work again.. I'm working as a processor for the new debit card by OCBC, the fairprice plus debit card. I don't know why but the people transferred me to the date entry role and said that my processing work will be reduced from 80 application form per day to 60 per day. I was like... "What the heck???? Are they going to work us to death and giving us OT like there is no other choice at all?" Let me give you the overall picture of the situation..
At first, my main duty is the processing of the application and the quota to reach per day is approximately 80 to 100 forms without OT. Then, they said that they are going to transfer me to data entry to help them out with the workload. So, I'm supposed to help them with the data entry from 8am till 4.30pm, doing data entry for approxiately 100 application forms. In addition to that, my supervisor was saying that I need to do my processing work but it will be reduced when I do the data entry. In my mind, I thought that the reduced workload will be lesser and fewer but I was wrong. They only reduced it from 80 till 60 forms per day. I was like... "HUH??? Are they mad?? How are we going to finish 160 forms in a day?" With OT, I doubt that I could finish the work...
In the end, I didn't manage to finish my processing work and did the data entry only. I must said that although data entry don't have to call those customers, the stress level is much higher than processing because if there is any mistakes in the emboss name or IC no and the card account is generated, it's a big issue because the account has to be terminated and regenerated again. The trouble and hassle of the problem... I would prefer processing work better because if there is any mistakes, the data entry and checker will come back to you again... No big and major problem at all..
Anyway, I'm taking things slow now, no point in stressing myself up because it will result in more mistakes in the work that I do.. I'm glad that my effort in the tuition has paid off because the parent of the student that I'm teaching is requesting that I teach their sons too.. That will mean more income for me.. I'm so happy and thankful for it...