Friday, May 25, 2007

Stress at work..>

I've always have this thought and mindset that a holiday job should be free from all stress as you are doing the work temporarily for a certain time period. But I was proven wrong because I was driven to tears when I was doing my job.

I mean... Ever since I joined the company 2 to 3 weeks ago, I was trained to be a processor and my main duty was to process the application forms. But then, that changed last week when I was told to learn something new: Date entry. I was thinking that... 'Hey, perhaps it doesn't harm me to learn something new and tried my best to remember all that I've learnt, trying to help out with the workload.'

Being new in the area of data entry, I made a few mistakes: MAJOR MISTAKES... mistakes which require termination of the account which I've created. Mistakes which include wrong embossment name, wrong IC no being input and wrong card face... But then, that reduced as I did more data entry. I was devastated when I was told that I will be doing data entry till my 'teacher' is back from her block leave... OMG!!! 1-2 more weeks of data entry... It will drive me nuts and push my stress level to ultimate level. Every little mistakes in data entry may result in account termination and when that happens, there will be lots of black faces around me, staring at me which made me feel bad and worse.

Last wednesday, I was feeling so bad and terrible that I was reduced to tears... One by one, they came with the message that the mistake was bad and they had to terminate the account. The so-called manager Lily came and said that my input was terrible to the extent that I could input hougang as serangoo area for the address and there is too many account termination. I felt so falsely accused because I was following the postal code stated on the application form which was written wrongly. I didn't do a double confirmation of the address because I was confident of the data which I've input. Also, the bad handwriting of the people on their application form was so bad that I've mistaken 'Sharon' as 'Bharon' because the S looked so much like B.

I've never felt so stressful while doing a holiday job... Anyway, I dread going to work now that I'm doing data entry till I don't know when... I found out that I felt so much happier doing processing because there is no mistakes which I can't afford to make. Any mistakes that I made will be pointed out by the data entry people which has no impact on the state of the account creation. In addition, I realized that my mood affect the condition of my data entry...
When I feel happy, like from the joy of passing my driving test, I was more able to input correctly with no mistakes. But when people start to come after me with blacken faces, I tend to input more wrong data into the system.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can resume my processing again...