Thursday, June 21, 2007

Alone...>

Haiz.. From today onwards, I'll be alone with my brother at home because my mum has left for her holiday in ShangHai..

Speaking of which... I guess I was in the "blaming" mode last night when the singapore tour guide kept calling home to ask how he's able to locate them. One thing was that my mum and her friend did not bring their mobile phone, therefore it was impossible to locate and find them at the airport. Also, my mum checked the counter and row to be checked in for her flight; so in other words, she knows where to go at the airport. But then, when I told the tour guide the clothing that my mum was wearing, he failed to find her despite repeated attemps. What made the situation worse is that... My mum has gone to the airport early so it was impossible that she's late for the check-in of the luggage.

I was blaming myself because I could have gone to the airport with her, sending her off for her holiday but I chose to stay at home as I was tired from a day's work with tuition. Plus, I was slightly hungry because I has skipped my dinner. Anyway, if I had gone to the airport, it would be much easier for the tour guide to locate my mum because I will be bringing my mobile phone with me. So, any messages from the tour guide can be relayed back to me by my brother who was at home then. In addition, something about the way the tour guide organized the trip was somehow disorganized because when I asked him how is my mum going to identify him, he said that he's wearing a blue cap...

SHOCKED!!!! I thought... Being a representative of the company (CTC Travel Agent), I would expect him to wear the company's T-shirt or maybe bring the company's flag so that people could identify him as a tour guide from that travel company. However, with a blue cap which may or may not bear the company's name or logo. Based on our experience with singapore tour guides from more established tour agencies such as SA Tours or Chan Brothers, the representatives will wear something that bear the company's logo or name, it could be the T-shirt or flag which makes it so much easier to identify them to get the tickets for check-in.
Anyway, I was really worried that my mum and her friend might missed their flight because they had not check in their luggage 1 hour before the departure time of the flight. Then, I don't know how or when.. But I started to blame my mum's friend because she has the reputation of being late for appointment and somehow my gut feeling was telling me that she's probably late in arriving at the airport that my mum has to wait for her before checking in together.
In all... I was in the blaming plus panic mode that my mum has not check in her luggage so late... However, I was so relieved to hear from the tour guide that he has locate them to check in the luggage..

I mean... I really don't understand why some people can turn up so late for appointments... Everyone has the same number of hours in a day so what makes them so special that people should wait for them when appointments has been fixed. Plus, the situation is made worse when some of them don't have the courtsy to inform you that they will be late and the possible duration that they will be late. If they had inform the person, that poor person could made better arrangements and plans so as not to waste time..
That is the main reason on why I really detest people who turn up late for appointments and don't have the courtsy to inform the lateness. If they did inform me of the reason and the duration of being late, I'm more willing to accept the behavoir and will be more forgiving.
Anyway, I always make a point to be on time if not early for appointments because I live by my own principle that if you don't like people turning up late, you shouldn't be doing the same thing too..
Like what the bible says: Treat people like how you would like people to treat you.. It's the same principle.. It's simple and easy to understand..