![]() |
![]() |
Sometimes, I really don't know whether I'm too nice to people that somehow I get bully by others. Or maybe I'm sound nice and soft that people think that they can run all over my head and force me to do something which I've no intention at all...
I just want to point out that... I'm also a human being with feelings and emotions, please treat me with some respect. I'm saying this because of something which happened some hours ago...
My friend, Manwai, wanted to invite me to her church for semone on the topic of drawing near to God. She kept saying that it was a powerful semone which will enable me to learn much from it. I mean... I know that she wants to share with me the good stuff and didn't want to leave me out of it but then, the way she present seems to give me the impression that there is no room for discussion at all. It's like... "You have to come... There's no excuse for not coming to experience the semone and drawing an important lesson. Also, the place is so near your place."
What irritates me most is that she kept going on and on about 'insisting' me to go for the semone since late saturday night at around midnight. Considering that the service is held on sunday at 3pm.. I find that it's really too last minute and I've made plans for sunday already. It's near impossible to rearrange my schedule to attend the 2 hour semone. To make the matter worse, I was busy preparing for my tuition stuff at night when she called me to invite me for the semone. It had been a busy saturday because I've gone all the way to orchard to get the pressure cooker from CK Tang for my mum and it weight a tonne to bring it home. Plus the human traffic at orchard was a disaster so it was difficult to move about easily. In all, I was beat from the shopping trip at orchard and wanted to rest early after completing some work. I hate it that people kept wasting my time when I've made my decision..
I mean... Right from the start, I've told her that I won't be able to go for the semone because I've so much to do at home.. One short "No" from me which she didn't accept at all... She kept trying to persaude me to go that the phone call lasted for almost 20 minutes. A phone call which I've expected it to last for only 5 minutes turned out to be 20 minutes. That extra 15 minutes... I could finish up my tuition preparation for the A.Maths... I was so frustrated that I just hang up the call on her...
But then.. the nighmare was far from over.. In the afternoon, she called me again to try to persaude me to go for service. I've told her that I need to finish up my chores which will take some time. Chores such as ironing my clothes, cleaning the floor, preparing my chemistry tuition and going through my honours project listings. But.. NO... she refused to accept my explaination.. Saying that it's only 10 minutes train ride away and it's only 2 hours... If she do her maths well... it's not just 2 hours... it's far more than that time period. Imagine.... The sermone will start at 3pm which means that I need to leave my home at about 2.10pm.. I will then take about 15 minutes to walk to the interchange, wait for the train and reach there at about 2.55pm. I guess that sermone will not end promptly at 5pm so perhaps it will end at about 5.15pm, earliest... With that, I need some time to travel back home which will require another 30 minutes. In all... the time needed will be 3-4 hours..
Haiz... I just don't like the tone which Manwai used when she tried to persuade me to go... It's like she doesn't accept 'No' for an answer and will keep on saying the good points till I agreed to go. It just give me the feeling of being forced and being trapped into a corner with no room to go at all. Any little movement I made will mean that I've agreed to go... I got so frustrated and pissed off that I just hang up the call...
Can you imagine the type of fury that I went through??? It's just like those saleman doing those hard-selling of product, pushing their products up onto your nose and kept saying the good points. The moment you move an inch, the product will follow you, together with the comments. It's so unbearable... It's no wonder that people will just snapped in front of those sale people and give them a scolding.
So... Please people... Next time, please accept my decision and don't force me.. There's nothing that I dislike most is the feeling of being forced and not being respected at all.