Sunday, July 29, 2007

New changes...>




It feels so long or ages since I last update my blog... All the interesting and eventful stuff which happened recently...


One thing that I'm glad and joyful about was that my work at OCBC has finally come to an end.... No more mindless processing and date entry.. No more trying to pronoun challenging foreign names such as Vietnamese or Burmese or Thai when calling customers.. But then, it's quite sad that my time in the bank has come to an end because I've met and made a few good friends.. One of them is Fericia...
I could say that she's a good and loyal friend... Very friendly and direct person... She has been my lunch buddy ever since jacinta left the company. I think without her around in the office.. The office would be quite dull and dead. In a certain way.. she inject live into the office atmospher with all the silly jokes and drama acting. I will certainly missed the times when we would go and have our weekly fixes of fishball noodles for lunch and our daily complaining of certain issues in the office during lunch time.
The second person who I'll missed will be Michelle Liu... The blur but kind one.. The quiet girl who would come to my place to use the phone and chat to me at times.. Preventing me from dozing off at my desk.. Though the time I could to know her was short, I felt comfortable talking to her at times.. Luckily, she stays in east coast area which is near my place.. Also, she will be moving to Tampines soon which is even nearer to my place. Perhaps we could meet up someday for lunch or dinner..
Life.... Life is so filled with meet-ups and break-up.. At one moment, you will meet new people and build up your social circle, getting to know them better. The next moment, you will be moving on and the people whom you just got to know will be left behind.. If there is no effort to maintain the contact between us, we will soon forget them and they will become one of our acquitances. Someone whom we meet and go... I don't like that feeling at all... the feeling of knowing people superficially and not knowing their true self.. I perfer to have people whom I know them for who they are and not what they said to be...
Anyway, I'm glad that work has come to a stop and it's time for me to rest before the new school term open.
In a certain way... I'm glad that my honours project has been confirmed and I'll be doing somethng which I've interest and experience in it. Also, my modules has been fixed and I know where I'll be heading to.. However, I feel that the time to rest till the beginning of the new school term is rather short because I've only 1 week to rest effectively. I've 1 week of orientation for honours students which I've to attend because they will be teaching us all the skills which we need in order to better equip ourself for the independent learning research route ahead of us.. During this 1 week of rest... there's so much to do.. I need to clear and clean up my dusty and messy room, shop for some books, go for my regular tuition lessons, wash my all importantly lab coats which I left it to collect dust during the school holiday. I need a time management schedule so that I can finish all the things which I want to accomplish in this 1 week of rest..
I'm excited over the new look of my blog... A new addition component which will remind myself that I need to do quiet time.. Something which I always fail to do when things start to occupy on my mind and I become overly concerned over the state of my mind, wanting to finish the stuff so that I can clear my mind. It's like there's this internal mental to-do list on mind and I need to finish my stuff so that it's clear and I can focus on other stuff....