![]() |
![]() |
It was a great sermon yesterday... Somehow, I feel that God is making a statement to me, saying that I should stay on with this church with the type of spiritual 'food' that the pastors are providing through the service.
Yesterday, the service topic was on 'Generational Curses or Blessing'.....
When the pastor was talking on the topic, I could see the type of generational curses happening within my own family. It's happening on my paternal side of the family where there is great anger and violence amongst the family members due to money problem. Plus, there are povety where they just complain that there isn't much money in the family. There's this vicious cycle of povety in the family, occuring generation after generations. Also, there is affairs being committed and broken family crippled with divorces. Looking at it, my own family is no exception because my dad has committed adulty and has a mistress outside, abondoning us when I was very young then. In my own memory, I don't remember having fatherly love at all. And my dad is always in debts, there's always people who are going after him for money.
Thinking about the bibile phase in Exodus 20: 4-6, it makes me want to stand firm in my walk with Christ. Declaring to my family that I will not worship any idols because I want these generational curses to stop at my generation. I don't want my children or the generations after me to suffer. I could hear the Lord talking to me because all along, my faith in Christ has not been strong as occasionally, I still went to the temple with my mum to offer incense to these idols. I really need strength to stand up against the possible opposition coming from my mum who may insist that I pray to these idols for safety in the coming years. I hope that people around me will help me pray for acceptance from my mum. But then, I think my mum shouldn't be resisting that much because she has been educated in a convert school before and she has some biblical background. I really hope that she can accept my decision.
I'm really glad that I went to church yesterday despite being ill the day before... winne talked to me after the importance of talking in tongue. Somehow, as she was talking about speaking in tougues, I was reminded of my friend Puiming because she has said something about it to give me some form of assurance about the topic. I mean... I do know that speaking in tongue is a way of worshipping Jesus but it's in the form of spiritual because our logical mind is limited in certain ways that we can't fully express ourselves properly. Hence, the need for speaking in tongues to be able to express our emotions of worship. Perhaps I'm think too logically to be accept the idea of speaking in tongue and my spiritual faith has not be strong enough to be able to speak in tongue.
Somehow, I feel that ever since I've accepted Christ into my life when I was in JC 2. My faith has not grown much, in a way, I'm still a baby... Not growing at all... I need to build up my faith and I'm trying very hard to do so by reading the bible but then, sometimes, I feel so exhasuted by the work that I need to do that I'll just fall asleep on the bus instead od spending some time reading the bible.
Anyway, I'm really joyful that I've been baptized in Holy spirit by Winnie. As she was praying and baptizing me, I could feel a warm fizzy feeling upon my neck when I bow down my head. It's feels like the Lord has placed his warm hand upon my neck. Then, suddenly, I was sobbing away becasue of the great joy and peace that I was experiencing then. It felt great to be baptized... I need to pray constantly, talking to the Lord and building up the relationship with Him.. Feel so happy now...