![]() |
![]() |
When I think back of the things and events which happened on monday, the day of my applied chemistry chalet, I can't stop pondering that that could be a retribution in a certain way. It just filled me with much deep regret...
On monday, my classmates had organized a chalet as a means to bind the junior and the seniors together, getting to know one and another better instead of knowing exclusively our own batch of people. The chalet was organized during our team break which really.. is not a term break for us, the honours students, because we still have to go to our lab to do our experiment. It felt like it's worse than our usual term break because we were going back to school on a daily basis. It's tough...
Anyway, I didn't really feel like going for the chalet because I've predicted that my experiment will end late and I will be dead tired at the end of it. However, seeing that my friends kept egging me to go, I obliged them even though I went there very late. In the end, I went home for dinner first before making my way there because I'm quite sick of bbq food and bbq food is not exactly that healthy with all the charred parts which are carinogenic.
The true highlight of the day was when my friend- Fadhir called me on my phone just as I was about to leave school for home. He called to obtain some contact number of key people like Zhiming, Andy, Ivy, Charles and Mingxian because his phone was flat. Flat in the way that there is no way of switching on the phone due to the empty phone. He mentioned that he will be staying in school till about 7pm due to the nature of his experiment and will be breaking fast before making his way to Tampines interchange in order to get to the chalet.
Knowing that he's not the east person, I agreed and arranged to meet up with him at Tampines interchange so that we can make our way to the chalet together. I was afraid that he might get lost then. So, I specifically told him that he has to call me the moment he reached the interchange so that I can find him and bring him to the chalet. We agreed to meet in the time range of 8.30 to 8.45pm at the interchange but knowing his nature of being late at times, I arrived at the interchange at about 9pm.
I felt like a fool.... Waiting foolishly at the interchange while I saw multiple buses of service 10 arrived. In the end, I left the interchange for the chalet without waiting for him. By then, everyone at the chalet was worried for him because calling him at his home, his mum told us that he wasn't home yet and he did not called anyone at all.
In the end, when everyone has gone home, we received some news about him after called him at his home. He told us that he did went there but didn't alight from the bus because he felt that the place was very isolated and errie-looking. As a result, he just went home straight.
I felt betrayed in a certain way.... It's like he has taken me for a joy ride, making me wait like a fool at the interchange for almost 30min. Also, it's a but irresponsible of him to do such a thing. With public phones all around, he could easily called us to tell us of his location or whether he will still be coming afterall...
Anyway, I will not let this affect me... I will not let this event to stop or hinder my growth in character. Instead, I will use this opportunity to shine like a pillar of light, just like our Lord Jesus Christ who shone in light in times of darkness. I will just learnt from this experience and forgive him for the things which he has done.
Forgiveness is a virtue which we need to cultivate into our character... Having a broad heart for others...