Monday, September 10, 2007

So many events over the weekend...>

Wow.. I feel exhausted over the weekend with all the activities and events going on that I've hardly have the time to rest and study for my coming test...

On friday night, I wanted to study my material module lecture notes in preparation for the coming test which is on the 17th, just 1 more week ahead. But then, my primary school friend wanted to meet up for dinner at the Bedok camp food centre. The major problem was that my friend didn't know where it is and how to drive there. Being the big snakehead in Bedok area, I was needed to guide her there so that we could feast on the yummy ching teng which is famous. Hence, we went for a short trip of dinner before going to east coast to talk. In the end, I reached home at about 11pm. By then, I was slightly tired because I had a long day doing the routine SPE for my sample in the lab. As a result, I ended up doing some research for my project on the internet before sleeping.

It was a super long day for saturday.. Went out with my primary school friend again because we needed to go to marina square to collect our t-shirt and number tag for our run which we participated in. So, we met up for lunch before I went off for Church.

I must say that service was powerful on that day because it really moved my heart. Plus, I was able to speak in tongue for the very first time. The service was on the topic of "unlawful hunger". The hunger to seek our Lord and savior and the desire to draw closer to Him despite the everything around us. With everything around us, we tend to take things for granted. I didn't know that Christians were seriously perscuted during the cultural revolution in China that they didn't have the word of God- Bible. Bible is something which I think many of us take it for granted.. People may have many copies of it in many different version sitting on their bookshelves but they will not or seldom read it. Hence, causing malnutrition as we can't grow spiritually. I could really see the vision because I was once at that stage. Even though I was a Christian, my growth has been so limited that I just drifted away from our Lord. In the end, I stopped growing and stopped atteneding church and everything that has to do with the Lord.
But then, something struck me.. Perhaps it's due to others' praying for me that I started to attend church. The moment that I stepped into the church, with the worship songs in the backdround, there's this feeling of wanting to sob. It's like being lost in the world and being finally able to return home. The feeling of gratefulness and thankfulness that after so long a period, the Lord has not given up hope on me.. A precious child of His....

Anyway, after the service, we went over to 85 market for dinner.. I'm amazed that I hanged out till so late at about 1230am when I knew that I needed to wake up early the next morning for my run. But then, it was great that Davis and Pinns sent me home because I learnt that I could always join them for supper or night cycling as they are staying so near to my place. It was great to be able to feast on all the yummy food at the market. The stingray, the minced pork noodles, bbq chicken wings plus others....

In the end, I only managed to catch about 3.5 hours of sleep before the run because I reached home late and I was feeling a little excited about the run. On the day of the run, I was surprised to see my other primary school friend; ShuZhen whom I've never seen her since we left primary school. She still looked the same and she remembers me....
The run was great because the sceney was different with the city view of the tall buildings and the rising of the sun. it felt good to run down the road... I'm glad that I managed to complete the run in 40min for the 5km run. What truly disappointed me was there were too many queue for the different items such as the vitagens, drinks and goodies bag. If there is less queue, the experience would be better. After the run, we went for breakfast at coffee box before going home.

I'm truly exhasuted by the time I reached home due to the lack of sleep. In the end, I only managed to catch less than 1 hour of nap time before I went for my gathering at changi village. It was a gathering cum birthday celebration for 3 of my friends- PeiYing, Huang Wei and Justina. We did managed to surprise them with the unexpected gift and the cake. We had a great time taking photos at the changi beach before proceeding to the food centre for dinner. Dinner was great.. just like the food that I had the previous night... We had a great time eating and making some jokes and catching up with one another. I'm currently waiting for the photos to reach my mailbox because I'm sure that the photos will look great.

I'm tired from all the typing already... Perhaps, I shouldn't lump all the events together and write about them. It's too tiring.. Plus, I think I'll missed out on some interesting and juicy details. =p