![]() |
![]() |
Lately, I find that it's getting difficult to find time to rest and spend some time for myself like studying or reading my bible and doing my quiet time. My whole week is fully packed with activities that somehow, I feel overburden in a certain way.
On monday, we had a lab meeting and I could feel the warm and cozy environment of the lab. In total, there's 10 of us including our most beloved supervisor and 2 mentors. The lab may be small and slightly cramp with the high number of students, we are able to work well together even though there may be some equipment shortage. I just realized that teamwork, co-operation and giving in are important to maintain the strong relation between us and prevent any conflicts arising. Anyway, the lab meeting turned out to be a session of moving and arranging the equipments in the lab due to the arrival of some new equipments. At first, I was quite surprised because I've always thought that meeting should be similar to discussion and not some manual movements. But that was just the preview of the meeting, the meeting was just a reminder of the need for us to submit our risk assessment and the urgent need for safety in the lab.
After the meeting, something interesting happened. While I was doing my concentration of the sample through the use of the rotavap, my round bottom flask got stuck to the adaptor that I couldn't get it out at all. I was struggling with it that I got to get SOS help from my lab partner and my mentor. My mentor was laughing at the situation then... Wondering how did it get struck in the first way. I was praying to God silently within my heart that my flask will come off soon. As soon as I said my prayer, my prayer was answered but in a different way... The adaptor got off instead of the flask. So, in the end, the adaptor was stuck to the flask, just like a sore thumb that it looked funny. We were saying that we need to accept the condition of it because it's stuck there.. Because of that, I was late for my lecture for at least 30 minutes. I was hungry and tired then because I've skipped my lunch and exhasuted from my lab. I was muching on my sandwiches which I've brought from my home when my lecturer decided that it was time to give us a break from the lecture. It was like..... He's picking on me... Anyway, ever since my internship incident, he has this impression of me... Always asking me to answer questions. I'm black-listed by him already but I don't know whether it's in a good or bad way..
Something interesting happened on tuesday too... Haha.. I'm really enjoying my time in the lab, doing my experiment and project. Ever since I'm doing my project in the lab, I'm considered as part of the community. So, I'm required to do some duty to maintain the order in the lab. Therefore, my cleaning duty was on that day... On tuesday, my lab was relatively short. I did my duty after I'm done with my work which was around lunch time. The other mentor- Li Lu knew that I did my duty before I went off. But then, when I was about to reach home in the afternoon, my dear mentor Zhang Wei messaged me, asking me whether I've gone home and reminder me that that day was my cleaning duty. Haha.. He didn't know that I've already done my duty.
Wednesday... It has been a bad day because I needed to tolerate my friend's bad breathe during our discussion of the tutorial. It was bad that I had to constantly cover my mouth and nasal area to prevent myself from smelling it. I just can't bring up the topic of how did he brush his teeth because it seems so mean. Anyway, it has been a long day because I've only reached home at about 1045pm.. Oh my goodness... It's so late that I can't stand it.
I just don't understand why is it that some bus driver have to drive so so slowly even when the traffic is so smooth with little vehicles on the road. They are driving so slowly because they want to keep within their schedule but then, can't they be ahead of schedule?? I was like looking out of the window, looking at how slow the changes of the scenies are... Sometimes, I just get so frustrated and disappointed with the bus drivers that I just stomped out of the bus the moment it reaches the terminal. I just wished that I've my own car that I could drive around, then I will not be at the mercy of public transport. Waiting aimlessly for the never appearing bus, getting cramped up with the driver due to crowded buses or those mad air-cons that are set to either freeze or stuff you to death.
Thursday....
My mentor did the appearing act on me again... Appearing by my side while I was doing my centrifuge, scareing me... He's always doing that to me that sometimes, I wish I could do the same thing to him but he's so observant. Just want to hit him for frightening me. I was doing the boring routine SPE that I was stoning away when he came over and made a comment. He said: " Ai Mo Niu Zu"... It's like he can't help me at all but offer some encouragement. At that time, I almost wanted to place my hands strategy around his neck and give it a quick shake.. Haha.. Thank God.. He decided to give me a hand which helped me to finish my stuff within my predicted time so that I could go for my tuition on time. We were so bored with the SPE that he came up with some silly ideas that we should have a wall-mounted TV that could entertain us while doing the SPE or having a roster of singing whereby someone will sing and entertain us. It came to the point that whatever thing he said, nothing registered on my mind that I just smiled like an idiot. It was stupid....
After the tuition, I went over for the bbq... I must say that it was challenging to get to the place.. It was so out of the place and Manwai didn't really do a good job in trying to direct me there. The food and company was great but something disappointed me. The lack of food... There wasn't enough food, cooked food to be precise, going around.. The chicken wing was great though it was a bit too salty for my taste. It feels weird to catch the last bus home from the interchange, everywhere was so deserted..
Friday,
My mentor helped me out again even though the volume needed for SPE was very small.. It was very nice of him.. but then, 2 days of SPE is tiring.. My right hand is sore and aching. I think at the end of my project, my right hand will be well-toned and muscular by then.. Haha..
I'm beginning to like my mentor even though he tends to disappears at times and always laughing at me. He's a nice person, easy to get along....