Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Birthday celebration...>

This year.. My birthday celebration has been quite special. Special in the way that I've celebrated it first with my church friends before my family.



I was quite surprised with the celebration that my church friends had for me.. There was a big cake and Subway sandwiches and cookies. It was very well-thought and organized... I'm quite happy on that day too because I was caught unaware of the party that they have organized for the people born in the month of Oct. Besides, saturday was the first celebration of my birthday and first receiving of present from my dearest pan. It's like double surprise because I didn't expect her to turn up in church to meet us. I must say that she's very thoughtful because she remembers my birthday and got me a present. I feel so blessed with all the sweet things that was happening to me then. Guess that is what happened when we dwell in the house of our Lord...

ANyway, I don't really like my actual birthday this year which falls on a monday.. My dear lecturer has 'given' me a present for me... A test!! OMG!!!! How can he do that to me??? Having a test on my birthday sucks because I can't really enjoy this special day. Instead, I need to study for it and lesson ended late. The networking session was an eye-opener... Although there were only 5 companies, I leanrt quite a bit about their structure and working environment. In a way, it's a little disappointing because based upon my own chemistry degree, the type of job which I'm able to do in future seems so routine. Routine work is not suitable for me because I get bored easily, I need some excitment in my job.

Right now, I'm undecided whether I want to do masters after I've graduated.. Spending another 2-3 years studying for Masters before working for a few years in the industry before moving on to be a lecturer in a polytechnic. I've always wanted to be a polytechnic lecturer instead of being a MOE teacher.Somehow, I got my inspiration and motivation from one of my relatives who is a lecturer at singapore polytechnic. He's coping so well in terms of finances and job stability. Plus, seeing my brother work as a MOE teacher make me reconsider my decision, the decision not to be a MOE teacher. The students' attitude leave much to desire that it could be a real challenge and struggle to teach them ,especially at the secondary school level. Polytechinic students would be more mature and independent that perhaps, it would be easier to teach and guide them. Through my tuition assignment, teaching and the interaction with the students has been a great experience. It taught me to be more patience and forgiving towards their mistakes..

Masters or no Masters??? I need to seek advice from my Lord.. Hope He knows what is best for me. Will be starting on my fasting soon.. A period to draw closer to my Lord then..