![]() |
![]() |
Somehow or rather... I feel that this time round of fasting, I feel more spiritually fulfilling in the sense that although I didn't get any releveation from God, I could feel His presence upon me.
I guess through my injury of the boil or sore or whatever you called it, He has drew me closer to Him because I'm always praying to Him constantly. Praying for His healing hands to touch upon me, to ease my pain and suffering. When I listened carefully, I seemed to have heard Him saying this to me; " Rest my child, for you have overworked... Use this opportunity to rest." It's like almost instantly, the verse from Psalms 23: 1-4 just came to my mind even though I've never can't read it before.
Psalms 23: 1-4
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake."
It's like He's asking me to rest because there was a period in time when I was desperately tired but I never showed it on my face when I go for service. I was tired to the extent that I would fall asleep while studying. But then, I didn't heed His words and my wound just got worse. Just a minor insect bite which I substained from an overnight stay at my friend's hostel room turned out to be infected and covered with pus. It got to the point that the pain was so unbearable that I could break down in tears, crying out for mercy from my Lord.
But then, I'm glad that He has been faithful towards me. My wound is getting better and lately, I've been receiving rides home from school. Rides which could save me travelling time, allowing me to have more time to rest at home. I'm better rested now..
It feels great to draw closer to Him, to feel His presence through my days.. His guiding hands upon the things that I do.. Simply adore Him...