Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fasting...>

Wow... I'm amazed by my determination to fast for 2 days, eating nothing except fruit juices...

I find it weird that on a normal monday when I have late classes, I have my usual breakfast and late lunch cum dinner. So, I would feel slightly hungry during the trace lecture. However, something miraculous happened during the period of fasting, I do not feel hungry at all, not a single moment at all. It's like God's grace has filled my hunger, preventing me from feeling hungry.

My experience on fasting....

I feel that during the period of fasting, my physical body is more vulnerable to temptation, especially when I enter into my second day of fasting. Seeing people eating makes me feel hungry. However, though I may be physically weaker during this period, I know that my spiritually being has grown stronger because I've relied on my Lord more. Praying to Him for the strength to overcome any temptation and the faith to remain true to my vow of fasting to grow spiritually.

In addition, I realized that I'm more vulnerable to the plans of the devil as I grow weaker. Just like what was mentioned in the bible (Luke 4), after Jesus fasted for 40 day and nights, He was weak and lead to temptation by the evil one. The evil one who took advantage of the situation and commanded Jesus to turn stones into bread, Jesus said that:" Man does not live on bread alone". I've come to realize the importance of praying during this period of fasting, relying on Him so that I will not be temptated at all.
Also, I found out that I was temptated by the evil one more often than other times, especially during my running of the experiment. I've constantly prayed for smooth-flowing of the experiment but just on my first day of lab, there was a massive leakage which I could not repair it. My mentor and I spend the entire morning, trying to repair the leakage because such leakage will affect my running of the sample in the equipments. At first, I was motivated to repair it but after some time, my spirit just went down and I got to the point when I just want to give up, calling for the day off. It didn't occurred to me that it was a test from my Lord. I just didn't talk to Him about my problem, insisting on persusing on my own way. In the end, I wasted much time trying to repair it. However, the moment I talked and prayed to my Lord, the leakage stopped and the equipment was repaired. The whole experience just dawned upon me that I need to learn how to rely and trust Him more.

I'm so charged up in my spiritual walk with Him that my QT session lasted for slightly more of an hour instead of the usual 30minutes. I just kept on reading His words, wanting to get more of Him. Even though I was camping in at my friend's hostel room for the night, I seek every opportunity to talk to him whenever I'm alone. Getting down onto my knees and praying to Him..

Also, I just kept praying for my experiment to work that eventually, I managed to get reproducible result. Praise the Lordd because He has answered my calls for help. Earlier in the day, I was disappointed with the way things turned out. I accidently toppled my bottle of sample onto the ground, resulting in little sample available for analysis. I was so upset then, kept blaming myself why such things should happened to me, why didn't I be more careful. I was so pre-occupied with these questions that I just focus on the emptiness of the sample bottle. Then, it ddraw upon me that I still have some sample left in the HPLC vials in the other lab. Now, I understand why is it that there's a need to remove so many times of sample for the HPLC analysis when it can be reused. I understand the beauty of God's plan in me... How wonderful His works are acting upon my life, impacting me at the same time.

Despite the heavy rain, coupled with lighning, thunder and strong winds, I managed to get to church. I must admit that there was a moment in time when I just want to call up Winnie and tell her that I didn't want to come for follow-up session due to the bad weather. The bad weather seems to be driving me back home where it's warm and nice. However, I'm glad that I made the stand to come to church,no matter what the weather was like. I gave my word that I will come and I will come indeed. I did learnt something new during the follow-up session.. It was great.. Learnt something about having the 4 different types of hearts in christ. I want to be the fertile ground, yielding 100 fold of crops... I want to be productive for the glory of God, working for His harvest.

Fasting has been a great experience... Making a breakthrough in my spiritual growth..