Thursday, October 18, 2007

Is God testing me??>

I just don't know or how to describe the feeling that I'm feeling now...

Ever since I went through a period of fasting to grow spiritually stronger in faith and character, I noticed that things have not been going smoothly.

For instance, just yesterday, my HPLC equipment broke down on me for good. The main problem was that the pressure was too high that it always result in auto-shutdown of the system which thus does not allow my analysis of the sample. I thought to myself.. "Maybe God is testing me again or Satan is trying to distract me." I just kept my cool and patiently wait for assistance in repairing the equipment. Then, to my worst imagination, the person said that it can't be repaired because there's always leakage and the engineer has to be called in for the repair. My day just crushed onto me... I just can't believed the type of luck that I was having then... Total bad luck because the equipment has been giving me problems since the first day of the week.

However, thanks to the Grace of God, I managed to book another HPLC equipment from the Chemistry department instead of relying on FST department. I really thank God for it... It's like He's planning my work flow, preventing any disruption to my work process and those little minor hiccups in the leakages of the equipments were meant to be learning experience for me as I observed how others manage to repair the equipment. It's like God is using the opportunity to let me learn more...

Somehow, I feel that the whole experience of doing the experience is trying to build up my character of patience. Patience in waiting for the result to come out, optimizing of the method and others... Anyway, I find that I'm becoming more patient with the work that I do. Instead of getting all upset with the ways things turn out, I began to understand the logic behind it and the purpose of it.

God is great... No matter how He tests me, I will always stand up against the test. Maybe I may bow down but I will stand up against it. God is building up my character...