Thursday, October 04, 2007

Test and Blood...>

I just can't describe the thankfulness that I have and felt in my heart now...

My Lord has been faithful towards me for He has answered my prayer.

Since last week, I've been preparing for my mid-term test (Biophysical spectroscopy) because I know that I need more help since I've been struggling with it ever since from the second lecture onwards. In a certain way, I'm quite scared of the test because I've never been able to do the tutorial questions on my own prior to the discussion. Can you imagine the situation that I was in at that time?? Not being able to understand the lecture and do the tutorial questions...
I was like in a hopeless situation... Trying so hard to understand and catch up with the lesson that I just got discouraged.

But then, all of that changed when winnie asked me to pray for wisdom from God. She was telling me how Xinyi managed to score quite good score despite spending little time studying. At that time, I was inspired and motivated. Then, I started to pray for wisdom before studying. Perhaps I didn't realize that all the time when I was studying, I was able to understand the concept better and I spend less time preparing for it. Plus, I felt confident of myself, the preparation and everything about it.
When I was doing the test paper, I was glad that I was able to do all of the questions with ease and confidence. I strongly believe that God was just there with me... Ensuring me that I could do my questions properly and understand what was asked of me in the questions.

I'm truely thankful.... This has taught me a precious lesson that relying on our mere strength is not enough to overcome anything that is difficult for us. Instead, we should rely on our Lord and Saviour for strength. He knows us, our weakness and everything..
I find that with each passing day... I'm learning to lean upon Him for strength and everything that I ever do now. I can't control anything and it's best to leave things under His control for He is the creator. He knows everything and has a plan for us, be it a daily affair or long-term.

A spiritual man can understand the concept of giving and praying...

Right now, it seems like I'm always 'talking' to my God... Thanking Him for things which happened to me or asking Him for some advices when I'm in trouble.
Also, I've done my duty of 'giving' for I've just donated blood. Donating is a form of giving... People always ask me why do I want to donate blood, especially since there's some pain involved. But then, the answer which I always give to them was that I just want to give out and it will benefit so many others. I give without the expectation of getting any reward and that is what makes the whole event so special and signicant.
Plus, donating blood is something memorable for me... Because I made the pledge to myself during my 21st birthday that I will always donate blood during my birthday as a form of celebration. Also, the whole process of donating blood just make me recall my very first promise and pledge which I made to myself. It's like something to remember... My youth at 21 then..

It sounds a little silly to people but that is just the way that I want to celebrate my birthday, donating blood. Giving to benefit others puts a smile on my face and fill my heart with much happiness.