Monday, December 17, 2007

China Trip (part 2)>

Never in my life that I feel so terrible taking the bus even though I do enjoy taking bus due to the scenery that I can take in when the bus is travelling.

Can you imagine the bus ride starting from 815am till all the way to 630pm?? Never in my life that time seems to pass so slowly that it crawls if you get what I mean.. It's like it came to the point of sleeping and waking that I can no longer sleep anymore and there's nothing much to see outside, every moment of checking the time is like eternity. The bus journey was a torture but I'm glad that I have my bible and daily devotions with me at that time, keeping my company and reducing my bordom. It's great and amazing to dwell in the presence of my Lord because I felt happy then. I can get frustrated and angry when the bus journey gets a little too long for comfort. Peace and joy overcome the frustration and anger that I felt during the point of exhaustion from the bus journey. His words just refreshes my mind and body even though I was physically exhausted from the long trip.

Anyway, there's something about the PRC people which seems to change my opinion about them. I know that majority of the population is hardworking bunch of people who earn a honest living from what they are working as but then, there is always a few black sheep among the population who just tarnish the whole reputation that they have build up over the times. During my trip, I met 2 persons who somehow was out to con tourists like us for money. I took the traditional tricksaw ride in the city of Chendu and it was a refreshing and new experience for me. However, it was destroyed because the tricksaw-puller tricked us of the trip fare. In actual fact, our local tour guide has paid him for the trip before taking us to our destination. But then, he reached the place before the rest of the group reached the place and demanded that we pay him the fare so that he could go off to earn more money. We wanted to wait for the rest of the group to arrive before deciding whether we need to pay him but he insisted on us paying him first that we just pay him because we couldn't take the tone in which he was speaking to us. It's like he's about to scold us. The tone was loud and the the lanuage was crude. In the end, we realized that we had pay him double but by then, he has run off already.
I just can't believe how some people could resort to such means to cheat people. Cant they be more honest in their earning?? I really hate those people who set their heart and mind to cheat people of their money. I mean... If you asked for it and the reason seems fair enough, I will give it to you. As what God says... We are to give a helping hand to those in need, especially brothers and sisters in Christ.

More on China to come... Tired hands from typing already...