![]() |
![]() |
Wow... Finally, I'm back home in singapore from my holiday in China. The trip has been an eye-opener because I always manage to remind myself how fortunate and lucky I am to be born and bought up in a developed country like Singapore. At times, I will forget how lucky I am to have the things around me like the freedom to choose my religion, the availability of education and proper sanitary facilities. I need such timely reminders to remind myself not to take things for granted and appreciate the things that I have, to thank God for giving me such things around me. Without Him, maybe.... maybe I will be at a different location, having a different fate.
Throughout the trip, I've been thanking my God. Firstly, I don't know how or why I packed a complete set of long john in my luggage when I've packed my luggage in a haste. I've been resisting the idea of packing my long john for the trip because I thought that I would be able to withstand the cold as I've been monitoring the temperature of the areas that I will be visiting. My mum has been bugging me to bring along the long john and to stop her constant nagging, I just wanted to bring my bottom half of the long john to keep my legs warm because I have my sweaters to keep my core body warm. Anyway, when I was in china, I realized that I've brought a complete set of long john. Up to now, I don't know how in the world I packed my set of long john. I guess my God has prepared me well for the trip because the coldness of the winter is lower than the other winter countries which I've been before. The main difference lies in the conditions of the air- the air in Chendu is moist which means that the coldness is much more harsher because water is a good conductor of heat. Being inland and away from the coast, it doesn't have much warmth as a result, it's much cooler.
I feel that somehow I've lost some weight during the trip due to the food. Though I have hearty meals almost everyday, I grew tired of the food and it seems like I'm on a vegetarian diet with the plenty of greens but absence of meat on the table. I can't take things for granted because I need to see what is the surrounding is like first. Being in a rural area, having meat is a privilage due to its high cost. Hence, people have to rely more on greens to fill the stomach.
I'm tired from the lack of rest already.. Plus, I'm not feeling quite well. Don't know why I was terrorized by a nightmare on my last night in Chendu, causing me to feel slightly under the weather.
I shall continue with the rest of my China trip the next time round when I'm more rested..