![]() |
![]() |
Thinking back on the year 2007, I realized that there are much changes in my life, especially in christain faith.
I could still remember how a seed was planted in me when I was just a primary 1 student then. At that time, my close friend on the bus who is a christian mentioned something about a man named Jesus who died for us to redeem us from our sins and having the ability to rise from the dead after 3 days. She mentioned this story when it was near the Easter holiday period then. At that age, I was quite simple-minded and I really believed that there was such a man. She just got the interest from me and I was amazed by this man. However, my knowledge of christainality began to deepen as my friend told me more of such bible stories from her sunday church. Since then, the cross which I often see on the display of jewellary shops just attracts me. I was thinking then... In future, when I grow up and have the money, I will buy one to wear. I didn't know what was the significant of the cross at that time then.
Then, during my CCA in primary school, I joined a CCA which has strong Christian foundation which is Girls' Bridget. During my CCA then, what I enjoyed most was the songs which we sang at times, songs which are often found in children's church. I didn't know that it was praise and worship songs but then lynics just attracted me.
During secondary school days, I got involved with Jehovah witnesses because they were so 'agressive' in their eveanglististic movement. It's from there that I began to know more about Christ Jesus but I realized that there were always doubts in my mind whenever I have a small bible study lesson with them. For instance, during the christmas season, all churches around the world celebrated the birth of Christ but they do not celebrate it at all, saying that the timing of the Lord Jesus was not correct at all. It just puzzled me.... Plus, I met JW people even when I was taking a holiday in Australia then. After some months, they stopped coming and I stopped my bible study with me.
At that time, some of my close friends came to know about the contact I had with JW and they were concerned for me then because I didn't know that they were a 'cult' and what I've learnt was not correct and accurate of the Christian faith. It's during that time that my friend began to correct the damaging effect of what JW has done to me... We spent quite some time to correct some of my beliefs then.
Then, when I came to JC, I came to know a close friend during the first 3 months of school. She, through another friend, brought me to Singapore Youth for Christ organization where I started my bible study and prayer session with them. It was also through them that I was saved and accepted Christ as my Lord and Saviour. But then, I began to backslide then to the point of present when my passion and fire for Christ has been rekindled.
Wow... Thinking through on the journey which I took to know more about Christ, it really amazed me how all the little 'coincidents' seems to fit each other. All the important people in my life who brought me closer to Him. I'm always amazed by my God for He has choosen me to be His child right from the beginning.
Whenever I'm in the house of God, time seems to pass so fast.. No wonder I truly know how King David feels when he said that he rather spend a day in heavens then a thousand days in the courts. I love my God....