Thursday, March 13, 2008

In a tight position..>

I just don't know how to describe the situation that I'm currently in right now. It's so tight that it's so difficult to move about or decide what is the next step I should take.

The main situation goes like this:

I've decided to go for water baptism because I want to stand up and be firm in my faith and my walk with Lord Jesus. I don't want to be in the dark anymore, especially with my family for they are persuating me for my faith. All I heard from their mouths are words of death, there's no words of life at all and it's quite demoralizing to hear it. It has come to the point that I felt so indignified and upset when my brother said this sentence to me last week:"Just because you go to church, does it mean that you totally don't touch incense paper or burn joss sticks?"
Imagine hearing that.... My heart totally sank and I got very upset. I mean.. My brother has the freedom to pursue his choice of religion without much problem but I got into so much problems such as those ungodly practices and objections from my mum and brother.

Why can't they understand that if I were to do those things such as burning of incense papers or joss sticks, I've defiled myself? It's like how can a person follow 2 other people in a relationship? Can't they understand that I will worship the one and only God: Lord Jesus Christ? Every 2 times in a month, I faced such persuation for my refusal to help clean the alter table or burn the incense paper. I do helped in other ways such as buying of fruits and flowers.

I believe that with water baptism, they will only realized that I'm serious about my God and will not impose those problems onto me. But then, I need to seek my mum's consent first. If not, I will not feel at peace with myself. It's like marrying someone (God) without the knowledge of my mum, almost like a secret wedding and God do not like that at all.

All I can do now is to wait for the right opportunity to talk to my mum about my decision and pray that she will give me her blessings.

My Prayer:
Lord, I pray that You will soften and open the heart of my mum. Bless her with the wisdom and understanding that she needs about the decision to be water baptize. Lord, I pray that she will give me her blessings and not oppose my decision. Lord, I pray that You will use this opportunity to use me as a guide to lead my family into Your Kingdom. Pray that You will bless me with the right words to speak to my mum and let Your Holy Spirit with me prompt me of the right timing to speak to my mum. Lord, I lift this future conversation and discussion with my mum into Your Hands. Amen.

I really pray that she will come to accept Christ because it seems like she's 'woshipping' the idols at home out of routine. There's no committment in the worship and she will go to whichever temple which is said to be good in answering prayers. Also, she has some bible knowledge when she was in school previously. I really want my mum to know our Saviour in a personal relationship, to know that He is the one and only God who will answer our prayers no matter big or small. I really hope that she can come and witness my baptism if she allows it.