Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My burden...>

I'm come to my 200th post for this blog.. It's amazing how much I've written over the time, penning down all of my thoughts and emotions down on this tiny cyberspace, sharing them with people who might experience similar experiences as me...

I feel burdened... Burdened with the same burden as my tuition kid's mum.. Looking at her children, I feel a great burden that I need to really guide and bring her children back to Christ. Let them know God and through God, their character will be transform and change for the better. I've been praying for them and I believed that whenever I pray, the angels in heaven are working to answer my prayer. I just need to be patient and wait for the time to pass to allow it to happen.

The main situation that is happening in their family is this:

Since young, the eldest son has been forced to study for acedemic excellence when he was in primary school. During his transition to secondary school, he studied hard but the result wasn't good. As a result, his dad scolded him and it just discouraged and caused him not to be motivated in his studies. It's like:"I've studied so hard and my effort is not appreciated, why should I continue to work so hard just to get scolded again?"
Since then, everything just went downhill as he mixed with bad company where he learnt to use bad languages and rebel against his parents. He stopped obeying his parents' words and became bad-mannered. In addition, as his tutor, I see no sense of urgency in his studies as he replied completely on tuition to get through with his studies at school. He still can't see the importance of the coming 'O' Levels this year, thinking that he can always go to poly after the exam. Can't he think for himself??
I'm worried for his studies....

This is my prayer for him...

I pray that Kar Yeow's heart will be opened and softened, praying that he will come to church at my invitation and his mum's encouragement. I pray that as I continue to build up a relationship with him, he will open himself up to me, letting me know of his fears and worries. Through this relationship, a seed can be planted; praying that it is a good soil. I prayed that through his friends, I could get him to church. Lord, i pray that his heart is not hardened when he said that he doesn't believe in a God like You. Instead, I pray that through his everyday living, he will come to realize that You are real. I pray for his rebellious character to fade away, cleanse him with Your blood.

Oh God... I pray that You will lift this burden within my heart. This test that You have placed in my path.. I prayed that You will give me the strength and the endurance needed for my patience is wearing thin whenever I heard stories about his misbehaviour at home and how he has treated his mother. I pray that You will not placed Mrs Oh under any more tests or tribulations for she is a faithful servant of Yours.

My heart seems to break into pieces whenever I think of Mrs Oh and her situation... Somehow, I feel that God has placed me in their family for a reason, being their personal tutor for their children. Perhaps, my main mission in their family wasn't just to tutor them but also be their light and salt, bringing them closer to Christ; to bring them the salvation of Christ.

So heavy is my heart.... I guess I can never rest in peace till the day I can get their children to church. Once they have gone to church, I will leave it to God to do His works, transforming their hearts.