![]() |
![]() |
It's funny... Ever since I'm back from my trip to korea, I'm totally fascinated by the country with its culture, people and food.
Firstly, I'm fascinated with the people, especially the photographer of the tour group. I just don't know what to say about the people. They are just so friendly and polite. But I have to add this point that they are monsters because I just don't understand how is it that they could maintain their youthful-looking appearance despite the passing of time and they are so fair like they hardly ever see the sun. Seems like they are some vampires who do not encounter the sun at all. All I could crack about the mystery of the youthfulness was that their climate doesn't allow them full exposure to the sun, their healthy diet and the know-hows to 'perserve' their looks.
Secondly, I'm totally fascinated with korean food especially when I'm such a food glutton. Food is one of my main weaknesses and I'm not afraid to admit it. Instead, I would say that I'm proud because food is what gives us the energy to work and the capability to bond with others through a meal. Anyway, I'm so fascinated that I'm in the craving state where I just want to get more of korean food. I'm currently trying to do some research on how to make kimchi so that I could try to make some during my break before I start work.
Kimchi is so easy to make but I just can't understand why is it that the shops, be it in korea or singapore, they sell it so expensive. I guess it's because of the time and effort put into the making of the kimchi. An entire day is needed to make kimchi because of the long waiting period. Anyway, once I've bought all the necessary ingredients needed to make the kimchi, I shall embark on my experiment. Only through such experiment will I know whether I will succeed in the making of the korean national dish.
Right now, my mind is in a more controlled state. No more of the constant thinking of that photographer Chan. It's like I've come to terms that he is in korea while I'm in singapore and the time from now till the time when he comes here will take some time. Perhaps during this time, I will ask him whether he could help me get some stuff from korea. All the yummy food stuff...