![]() |
![]() |
Reading through the book titled "Under Cover", I've learnt so much from it.
I didn't even know that there is a difference between being obedience and submissive. I thought that as long as you have obeyed others, you have already submit yourself to them. Never did I expect that obedience is actually the display of actions while submission is the attitude of one's heart. It was only then that I realized that I may be obedience but my heart wasn't right at all. In a certain way, my attitude wasn't right in the first place.
For instance, my mum may asked me to do something for her when I'm in the middle of something like helping her to keep some stuff which she can't reached when I'm reading some interesting articles on the paper. Most often, I will asked her to wait a while later before I will help her but if she insisted on getting it done at that point in time, I will get up and help her but with an unwilling heart where I will grumble. Though I've obey my mum, I was unwilling to do the things she asked of me. I may obey but I did not submit to her. See the difference??? If I did submit to her, I would have get up immediately and did it in a happy mode, not a grumpy mode.
It just reminded me of how my attitude was when God spoken to me about giving to the building fund then. Though I've obeyed His words to give, my heart was unwilling to give. I gave with a grumpy heart and I didn't even know about this sin within me till God spoke to me through the book that I was reading. I did not submit to God at all on the issue of giving to the building fund. However, for the issue of tithe, I obeyed and submit to His words. I gave with a willing heart when it comes to tithing. From there, I noticed a difference between the two issues even though it boils down to the aspect of giving.
When I obey and submit to His words on tithing, there was financial breakthrough for me. Mysteriously, I got a offer to do some survey which enables me to eat for free, treating my family to the free meal and yet able to earn some money. The money earned was about 50% of what I tith in church. Plus, during my second time of tithing when I tithe with a happy heart, I got a response from the company, offering me a job. However, when I decided to give to the building fund out of obedience but not submitting myself then, I wouldn't see much blessing around me. The only blessing which I see was how attractive my employment package was.
I'm going to rise up in faith, going to submit myself to God, humbling myself before Him. I'm going to give the cheque for the building fund with a happy heart, but a grumpy heart cause I know that God desires an obedience and submissive heart.
I'm so glad that God has pointed out this mistake in me... Though I have an obedience heart, I did not submit at all. This will be my next phase of growing spiritually, to have more of a servant attitude in submitting to my Master and His delegated authorities.