![]() |
![]() |
I think I just got a revelation from God but I'm not sure about it because it seems so mild and soft. It's unlike how He has spoken to me previously where it's so strong and clear.
In this revelation, I was reading through a book titled "Under Cover" by John Bevere which speaks about obedience and submission to authority be it directly to God or someone else. I was reading through the first few chapters of the book where it talks about submitting to authority have to come from the heart. Just like what Pastor used to tell us about obedience is better than self-sacrifice. Plus, obedience have to come from the heart and not just from the outward behavior. With obedience, it comes true faith.
In his book, he mentioned about how sin was defined by common people and used the story of Adam and Eve to illustrate the defination of sin. Though I know the defination of sin which is the direct disobedience towards God, it impacted me. It was then that God revealed Himself to me. The book was telling how is it that when both Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil that they suddenly had the wisdom that they were naked. Before then, they had lived in complete obedience towards God and they were clothed in crowns of glory that nakedness wasn't an issue at all. But with the knowledge of wisdom from the tree, they were so ashamed of their nakedness then.
All this suddenly led me to recall how it is that I used to have dreams of myself being naked and being so ashamed of it that I tried to run away from people to avoid people from laughing at all. All these dreams happened before I was a Christian then and now, being a Christian, I no longer have such dreams anymore. It just drawn upon me that when I was an non-believer, I was running away from God and not obeying His words at all. Despite attempts from my friends to bring me to church, I would refused and reject the invitation. But now, being a Christian, I no longer have such dreams because through the glory of God, I've been clothed and no longer ashamed of my nakedness.
Also, during service last weekend, Pastor was preaching on how we need faith or confidence in order to allow our talents to shine through us. He was talking about how God is always 2 steps ahead of us and always testing or challenging our level of faith in order to let us grow spiritually. It just led me to recall how He has done so in my life through the decision to tithe and give to the building fund. Time and time again... He has tested my faith through my ability to be generous and be a giver in terms of finances. Based on my family upbrings and background, I've grown to be dependent on money to the extent of loving money because I believe that with money, all the problems in my life would be solved. But God has repeated spoken to me through a verse and the subsequent verses that I should seek His kingdom first and not serve two masters. It was then that I decided to obey Him and give my finances to Him, choosing Him my ultimate master instead of the love of money.
Though I must admit that at times, I still struggle with the issue of money and giving it, I seek the strength to overcome this weakness which the devil is always taking advantage of to pull me away from God. I will become an overcomer of this weakness and gain victory over it. Trying to be more generous with my finances now, not being calculating towards others...