![]() |
![]() |
I've struggled and I've conquered...
I've decided to give to the building funds this year... The sum of money is quite huge for a student like me who is supporting myself through giving tuition. Every cent and dollar earned is my hardearned money, sacrificed time and energy. To give up that sum of money in respond to being obedience to God's words is a sure test of my faith.
Time and time again... my faith has been tested and through such testing, can my faith only be increased and there is spiritual growth. I must admit that I've grown so much within less than 1 year as compared to my stagnant growth when I just received Christ. From the time when I first receieved Christ till the time I was planted in church, I've always been a baby Christian, not growing much at all to the point that I didn't pursus God at all, returning back to my pre-christian ways. Just like what Pastors said, a young chrisitian without a church is like a baby without a home which means that there is no support for them that they will not survive in this world at all. I was just like that... I was once dead before I recieved Christ, being reborn and being dead before being reborn again as a passionate Chrsitian on fire for God and planted in church.
I just hope that with this new stretch in faith, God will indeed bless me at my new workplace. I really pray that God wil help me guide my heart against the possible office politics and that my heart will not turn bitter against any injustice done to me. An experience during my attachment which has taught me a tough lesson on the harsh working environment. Just like what Jesus mentioned in the bible, we are like lambs sent out in the midst of the wolves, we have to guide ourselves against them while being passionate and loving towards them as we bring them back to Him. I need to guide my heart against such things, to be the salt and light in my working place. To be a good testimony to others that I can be passionate for God and not compromising on my stand and faith at all. Also, I pray that my starting salary will be high on the range for the industry because I receieved a phone call from the HR department of the company. She was saying that my expected salary was a little high even when I thought that it was on the lower end of the range.
I pray that as the HR personnel and the site director discussed on the employment package set up for me, I pray that it would be attractive enough for me. I pray that I will gain the flavor of the site director that he will help me bargain for a higher starting salary and he will like me for my performanance at work. I pray for a successful career where there would be many opportunities for me to learn and be promoted on the job, to take up leadership role at work. I've faith in my God that He will indeed give me what I asked from Him because He has directed and showed His way for me, guiding me to this job. I will continue to trust in Him as I take up this job as a challenge to be the salt and light in this new workplace. I thank God for all that He has done for me... Things are going smoothly for me even though there are many hundles in my spiritual walk as God constantly drop in surprises for me to grow. It seems like God wants me to grow exponentially, making up for the loss of time when I backslided then.
I love my God for He is my Father in Heaven.. He wants me to grow and be mature in my faith.