![]() |
![]() |
My mind is in a blank right now.... So many things I want to write down but I just don't know where to start...
Seeing the attendance for saturday's church service brought some relief to my soul because I see the strength in the numbers where there are more people coming for service. My worry for the past week seems to be unfounded because everyone is growing strong in faith. But then, there is no room for complacency because even though everyone is growing spiritually, there has been no growth in our CG. The friends whom we bring to church have not come back at all. That will not discourage me at all, instead I will become pregnant in the spirit; always constantly praying for them till something happens in their spirit.
Somehow, I sense that my mum is against the teachings of Christianity. I was talking to her about some financial issues, particularly on the topic of insurance. I was discussing with her about the budget which I've set aside for insurance policy premium when she mentioned that it's highly possible that my brother spent a significant sum of his monthly salary on insurance policies. Then, we talked about how are some of the possible ways in which my brother spend his monthly salary when we came upon the topic of tithing and offering in church. My brother is an extremely devoted temple-going person and somehow, I suspect that he does gives to the temple for their activities. My mum was saying something along this line that the giving to temple is based upon on voluntary basis and the sum to give is decided by oneself. However, she added to say that in Christianity, Christians have to give 10% of their salary to the church and in addition, on every service, there would be an offering bag being passed around the congregation. The way in which she said those words just broke my heart because I sensed the bitterness within her words. It's like nothing I can said to defend my faith could convince her at all.
In the end, I just kept quiet while she just ratters on about the 'extortion' that church imposed on the congregation and its members. The word "extortion".... Hearing it just made me sad that she has thought in that manner. The process of tithing and offering is purely based on voluntary basis where one has the desire to obey God and love God for His abundance providence. Althought it is a law to tith 10% of our salary, that law was in the old testament of the bible and with the coming of Christ, all has changed where the giving is not perceived as a law in which we as christians have to obey.
I wanted so much to share my joy with her, about how God has blessed me abundantly upon my decision to tithe in church. From the moment I've decided to tithe, God has opened ways in which I could increased my income without the increased in time needed to work for it. For instant, how the number of students for my tuition increased to become group tuition where I could command a greater pay in the same given period of time. Plus, how He has directed me to such a great job where I could gain such valuable experience in the set up of a complete new laboratory. Also, the moment I decided to give to the building fund in church, God has blessed me with the opportunity to go for company training in US where air fare and accomodation is provided for by the company. I just feel so blessed to be God's chosen one, to be called to His own people and to dwell in His holy place.
Indeed, although my mum has some biblical background through her school when she was young, I was adopt her spiritually. To pray for her that she will come to know our Lord Jesus Christ. Also, I feel upset whenever I see the altar at home. To see my mum offer incense to those idols without any sincerity, like it's some like of obligation just make me upset. Hearing how Winnie managed to 'drive' out the idols in her home though prayers, it motivate and encourage me to do likewise. To drive out those idols out of my house and to allow my mum to know Jesus Christ. My mum will be my first target before I moved on to my brother who is a hard soil.
Thinking back about the past, I regret one decision that my mum did in the past. When both my brother and myself was younger, my mum brought us to a temple held in a home. Though I went there quite a few times, the teachings never really 'caught' me. I guess since I was young, I have been chosen by God for I was constantly surrounded by His people to exert a positive influence on me till the point that I decided to give my life to Him when I was in JC. Praise the Lord!!!! Anyway, it's a pity for my brother because the moment he sat in that class of teaching, it just caught him. If only I can turn back the time, I would have fight against the decision to bring us to that temple when our hearts and minds were so easily molded with some teachings. If only that time, my mum has brought us to a church then. My brother would be an on-fire christian now. Now, even my mum is complaining about his activities in the temple where he would spent most of his time there even when he's tired from work and there's a lack of time to complete his work at home, taking precious time from his busy schedule which he could use for resting or socializing with people of his age. The damage has been done and I'm going to undo the damage, not by my own strength but by the strength of Jesus Christ who will strengthen me.
I'm going to be bring my family to Christ.... No matter how difficult the route will be, I will do it. Praying till something happens... God will surely answer my prayers to bring my family to Him.