Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Burdened heart..>

My heart is extremely burdened to the point that I couldn't sleep well last night at all. It's all because of a piece of news which I received from one of my students' mother.

One of my students has been a victim of attempted rape.

My heart totally sank upon hearing the news because the student is such a sensible and nice girl. Furthermore, she's so young at the age of 14 years old only and she's a child of God. It broke my heart completely and tears just streamed down my cheeks as I pondered over the pieces. Shock came in the initial stage of knowing the news, then came the anger before worry came lastly.

There was complete shock because doubts arised within me. Questions such as:" Why God?? Why did You allow such a thing to happen to such an innocent girl who is Your daughter? Why did You subject her to such harm and didn't hear her cries for help? Where were You when she was in danger??" I just asking the Holy Spirit within me why such a thing could happened but there wasn't an anwer from the Holy Spirit. I must admit that such an incident has caused my faith to sway. Perhaps this is a test from God to see whether I could stand steadfast in my faith when things are not going according to plan.

My prayer for my student:
I pray that God will place His healing hands upon her, heal her of her inner emotional and physical truma and stress. Protect her from further harm and comfort her in this time of need. I pray that the seed of bitterness will not be planted in her heart that her heart will grow hard and cold towards You Lord. I pray that the family will go through this crisis and that they will learn to forgive that criminal for You will bring final judgement on him. Lord, I pray that most of all, the seed of bitterness and anger will not be planted in their hearts and that all their negative emotions will be directed at You and not the people around them who may end up getting hurt. Lord, I lifted them into Your hands. Praying that You will protect them, strengthened them and comfort them.

My heart is broken into pieces.... How could such a pervented person do such a thing? Why can't that desperate person just go to Geylang to pay for such services and leave all the young and innocent girls alone? Why must he attack her?? I pray that justice will be done and he will be duely dealed by the laws.

My heart really goes all the way out to her but I can't do anything to comfort her at all because her mum wanted to keep the whole issue low-profile which means that I have to pretend that I don't know anything even though I do know about it. It's the worse situation to be in when I can't do anything to help a sister in christ when she's in trouble or in agony. I can't support her or comfort her. So miserable that I'm feeling that I couldn't get to sleep at all.... I hope that she's getting better and getting over the whole issue. I pray that the matter will not leave a bad experience or scar upon her, affecting her future.