![]() |
![]() |
Time sure pass fast because I'll be going to the States soon and I'm facing quite a few problems. One extremely thorny issue is my passport; I don't know whether my passport is valid for use in order to gain entry into the United States. Ever since the terrorist attack on US, the US immigration has tightened their security which means changes to their entry requirement. At present, they require biometric passport.
The main problem is that my passport is non-biometric but the picture is digitally printed on the passport with machine-readable page for the particulars. I've checked repeated through sources such as US immigration website and Singapore immigration that my passport is valid for use till it expires but then, some other sources say that it's better for me to change the passport because the US immigration might not grant me entry. It's subjected to case-by-case basis on the acceptability of the passport. I'm worried because it will make a huge difference due to the issue of the air ticket which requires my passport number. If I were to convert to the biometric passport, my passport will differ from my current passport. But then, something within me is telling me that everything is going to be all right; that my current passport is still valid for use. No problems will arise at all. I guess I will just check to confirm everything.
I'm in a happy mood today.....
The main reason is that I could see how my student has managed to get through all the trama and stress of the crime done against her. She has appeared in her usual self during tuition but I sensed that her brothers are worried for her. When they saw that she was going out, they questioned her about it. I think they have become more concerned for her well-being but somehow, I feel that she will be in good hands because her aunt and cousin are praying for her and supporting her.
Something which I learnt today...
How true the content of the service for today. The places where we can always find the presence of God are:
1) Church - The Body of Christ
2) In Young Generation
Jesus Christ has personally held children in His hands, saying anyone who has received them in His name will received Him. So, if we believe in youth and continue to sow seeds within youth, we will find Him there.
3) Those who need our help
This is the main point which I've learnt through the week.... How true and accurate because I received news of the terrible incident which occured to my student. My heart broke into pieces that the moment I was away from the tuition place and alone on the bus ride home, I just broke down while praying to God. Praying fervently for my student throughout my ride home. For the very few times when I pray, there was tears in my eyes. Normally, when I pray, there's isn't tears at all. But this time, there was tears and I felt the burden. I felt the Holy Spirit came upon me and I was just praying, lifting my burden upon Him. After prayer, I felt so much at peace and relieved. Through our prayers, I can see that my student has made progress and improvement in recovery.
____________________________________________________________________
Saturdays......
The day to get into the presence of God... The day to fellowship with my CG mates..... The day in which I would meet my Prudential friend who happened to be my JC mate.
I don't know why but during service... I felt a prompting within my heart to invite a particular person to church. That person is that Prudential friend. I shall pray about it; through divine intervention, heaven will open up an answer for me.
As the weeks goes pass, I noticed that my CG is getting smaller with fewer people coming for Saturday's service. Oh God... What has happened?? Why is it that there is no growth within the CG and why are there people who has not come regularly?? Have they backslided in faith?? I'm beginning to feel the burden of the CG; the negative growth which is occuring right now. Through the Holy Spirit, I believed I can change all that by the power of prayer.
I'm beginning to see the vision coming to pass.... The Vision which God has imprinted to me last year when I came back to church for a visit. A vision about my future workplace where I would prosper and have the power to influence. It's coming to pass soon.... I could see it in the near distance and future.
God is so great and mighty, but yet so loving and filled with mercy and grace. No amount of thankgiving can describe the type of gratidue that I have towards Him for choosing me to be His child, to experience His love and mercy. I feel so blessed that He has always placed key people in my life, surrounding me with His love through them. People coming all the way from my primary school to university.. Through them, I know about Him and know Him, having an intimate relationship with Him. I love Father Jehovah God, Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit within me.
Blessed to be His child.... His precious child whom He loved so dearly!!! =)