![]() |
![]() |
The weekend has been a great and powerful weekend where God has spoken directly into my heart.
As I prepared to get ready to work in the society, I've constantly prayed that God will guide my heart against the many deceptions in this society; to stop me from being deceived and led away from Him. I've been too 'general' in the sense that I prayed for my heart to be guided but I didn't know how to at all. Thank God because God has prepared me for powerful sermone which spoke directly at my heart.
On saturday, the sermone preached was on the topic of 'Significance'. It shows how is it that people desired to be remembered for something which they did. For instance, being the brightest student in school or donating a lump sum of money to an organisation that they named it in your name. I remembered I once has the desired for my friends to remember me for who I am that I did some silly stuff for them like baking some food for them. Though they remembered me for a moment, it was short-lived for other more exciting and interesting things will soon seek their attention. Anyway, Pastor Lia pointed out what makes Mother Theresa so special in the way that people remembered her was that she made a significant contribution to others by being a blessing to them.
It just hit me in the heart that God wants me to be just like Jesus Christ, making a significant contribution and being a blessing to others as I entered into the workforce. To be a blessing to others....
It can come in different forms such as going the extra mile in doing what is required of you at work, to bring convenience to others and to be more of a giver than a taker. Also, in prelude to saturday's service, God spoke to me about the true importance of prayer life.
All along, I know that prayer is a significant part of Christian life but it never drawn upon me that it would be so important. The importance of constantly praying for the people whom we want to reach out to and total reliance on the Holy Spirit within us.
Sometimes, I really wonder.... There is the Holy Spirit within all christians but why is it that sometimes, I don't hear the Holy Spirit speaking to me in an audible voice which I could recognise. Plus, I don't even know when or how the Holy Spirit will speak to me at times. I feel quite dumb, blind and deaf at times... I prayed that God will opened up my spiritual ears, heart and eyes to see, hear and feel what is it that He is trying to tell me. I want to be able to recognise His voice the moment He speaks to me and not wanting to wait for confirmation through other means.
I shall and will be successful in life... As I climbed the ladder of social life at work, I will hold on to my Christian faith, having obedience towards divine authorities and following the direction of the Holy Spirit who is leading me. God will always be my main priority in life..