Thursday, June 26, 2008

So blessed....>

As I start to count the blessings that has been showered upon me since the confirmation of getting a job at Abbott, I'm see myself being drowned in it. The blessings are just so numerous that I'm drowning within a sea of blessings..

Today, I went to the company for the briefing to the US training. Hearing from the site director, I feel so privileged and blessed to be selected to join as a staff at Abbott. He was saying that the company received a total of 300+ applicants for the positions which numbered to approximately 20. Just doing the mathematics for it, there is only 6% of success in being getting the job. I really thank God for such a great opportunity to work in such a challenging work environment.

In addition, I can never outgive God when it comes to finances because what the company is going to give me as living allowances in US, the air fare and accomodation is so good that it's beyond words or description.

Firstly, the company has chose to fly us by United Airlines which is a good airline reputable for its excellent services. And... Get this clear... We will be flying by business class... Imagine, flying by business class to US... the cost of it. When I looked at the iternary, I was shocked to see such an expensive air ticket because it costed a total of S$14000 for returned trip. I think this will be my first and last time flying by business class, especially to such a distant country.

Secondly, all the accomodation is well-provided for with many facilities included in the apartment. I will be staying in an apartment, shared with only 1 other room mate. Plus, I will have my own personal room with personal bathroom. The only shared stuff between my room mate and I will be the living room, dining room and the kitchen. Computer will be provided and there will be internet connection for us. In addition, we can use the phone for long-distance calls which mean that I could call home on a weekly basis. I feel so blessed because the phone call will be provided for by the company too.

Thirdly, the living allowance which the company will give us is more than sufficient to cover all of my expenses. I know myself and the way in which I spend my money... I forsee that I will save quite a bit of the living allowance given to me.

If I were to add up the total cost of the company sending us to US for training, it would have be approximately $30,000 which is much more than what I've pledged for the building fund this year. With faith, God will do wonder things.

I thought that most company sending their staff for training would fly by economy class and the living allowance would be just barely to cover their expenses. Abbott is sure generous with us... And I thank God for His blessings upon me..