Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family...>

Finally... After much wait and endurance, there's good and stable internet connection in the apartment. No more going to the club house to use the internet which could cause some minor inconveniences at times. I can finally use the internet in the comfort of the apartment, listening to online sermon without people distracting or disturbing me at all.

Tomorrow.... It shall be a day of prayer and fasting for me as I pray for the people around me and back home, especially for my family. I strongly believed that God has given us many choices in life such as the work or school we choose to go to. But there is something which we can't choose at all and that is our family. The family could be the biological physical family which we go home to everyday or the spiritual home in church. God must have placed us in such family for a reason.

All along, I've always resent against the family in which I was born in because I grew up in a broken family. I never could understand why is it that others have father in their home while I don't have one at home. In the end, it seems like I grew up with a family of mother, elder brother and maternal grandmother. I took my brother as my role model instead of what other girls would do to take their father as their role model. But I thank God for that because despite the family background that I grow up in, my brother proved to be a good role model for me. Throughout the years, I've been comparing myself with him to measure up well with him when I stand beside him in front of my mum. If is wasn't for my brother to be my role model at home, I wouldn't turn out to be this successful in life, trying to break out of the poverty circle when I was much younger. If at that time, I had taken my father as my role model, I don't think I could turn out well this way.

Also, in terms of spiritual home, I'm glad that God has placed me in such a great church where I could really see the amount of growth I've achieved through a short period of 1 year. I've grew by leapts and bounds. This church has set my soul on fire for God, constantly wanting to seek Him and His words. Never have I felt like this when I was visiting other churches in the past... God always have a plan for all of us and I thank Him for His perfect plan even though there was times when I don't understand it or even resent it at the moment in time.

I praise God, no matter what type of situation that I am in for His plan is always in the best interest of us. He will never harm us, His precious children....