Friday, July 04, 2008

In good mood...>

I'm on cloud nine now....

All because I met up with a very dear friend who has finally arrived in Singapore from a distant land and he will be stationed in Singapore for a very long time since he will be working here as a local tour guide to receive his fellow countrymen who are here for holiday.

Throughout my holiday since I was back from my holiday in Korea, I've been looking forward to the day when he would reach Singapore. Finally, he has arrived last saturday and I met up with him today.

It has been a great day being out with him, brought him around Marina bay area which includes Suntec City, Marina Square, Raffles City and Esplande. Then, we went over to bugis and walked over to Little India area. Lots of walking was done and thank God for the wonderful weather for it wasn't sunny with the sun shinning directly down at us. Instead, it was a cloudy day which helps to shield off most of the sun away. In the end, due to all the walking, he was tired already.

Although when we communicate to each other, there are times when we couldn't understand each other but then, eventually we managed to know what we were trying to convey to each other. I believed that after 6 months, there shouldn't be any problems in our communication because by then, he would have finished his language course at a private institute.

I'm truly amazed by his eagerness and his never-say-die attitude where despite his age, he's still willing to come to a foreign land to study and seek a livelihood in order to survive. Perhaps with the progress of the korean society back home, he's being eliminated by society and finding it difficult to survive there. Anyway, after his language course, he will be doing another 3 months of tourism course which will include studying of Singapore's history, geography and other stuff in order to prepare for the position of being a local guide in Singapore.

Such a warm and friendly person... I believed that he will stand well in this field of tourism where it's blooming in the coming years. I shall see him again at the end of the year when he's in better position to communicate with me and when my matters have been settled then.

___________________________________________________________________

I feel so blessed that my God has been so faithful towards me because He has allowed me to clear my tuition fee loan within such a short period of time. All the while, the tuition fee loan has been a huge burden in my heart, weighing heavily within it that all through my university days, I've been constantly worried over it. But, I'm glad that it will be clear within 6 months after I've returned from my training. After that, I'm free like a bird, no longer bound by the bank.

So true is the word of God for when we own people money, we become a slave to them. I've been a slave to the bank and I'm glad to be free from this bondage.