Monday, July 21, 2008

Lazy Sunday...>

Finally... It's the sunday and for once, I don't plan to go out to anywhere at all... It will be a day of rest for me because I feel a little tired from work and the weekend going out on the saturday. Sunday is a day for me to catch up on my sleep and doing of the cleaning.

It seems to me that the place is extremely dusty and I need to vacuum the place a few times a week because my nose is extremely sensitive to the dust in the place. It will trigger a series of attacks such as sneezing and the runny nose.

Anyway, I'm extremely surprised to know and see that a person could actually sleep so much. My roommate slept all the way from last night till this afternoon at about 2pm. Wow... That is like slightly more than half the day was gone before she's up. All the planning to go the Great America, 6th flag or cycling at Independent Groove will not come to pass despite the beautiful sunny and clear weather outside. To think that she can make promises so easily and readily without fulfilling them at all; just gave me the impression that she's not someone to be trusted easily. I thank God for the wisdom which He has given me because I did not plan on going on any planning that she might have or I will be stranded at home despite knowing that I've plans for the day. I don't like that feeling of not going as planned because it just throws my schedule of plan. I don't mean to talk bad about her but it seems like she has taken things for granted in the apartment and has taken advantage of me.

As stated in my previous entry, she has taken the sharing of roles for granted in the way that I'm always the one doing the cooking of dinner and the majority of the washing of dishes. Now, with the use of the company laptop which the company has provided, she has hogged the cable connection for the internet. Before I got the company laptop for use, I didn't have my laptop at all. So, I let her used the connection for as long as she wanted, even to the point of bring the whole cable into her own room. But then, she don't know how to behave because the cable is a shared commodity between us, she shouldn't hogged the whole connection at all. Only when she need to use it, she can always plug it into her laptop and not have it plugged it 24/7. In the end, I've to rely on the extremely unstable wireless signal. The wireless signal is so unstable that I need to put the laptop by the window edge with the window opened. Also, there must not be any sudden movement in the laptop or I will lose the connection. The connection is so weak that it takes forever to load a page, let alone download something. In the end, I restorted to using the wireless at the clubhouse which is a distance from my apartment and I can't connect in the luxuary of my own room.

It seems like God has spoken to me because I was reading my devotional while waiting for my laundry to be done. My tongue has been on the bad side because I've been talking bad or mean things about certain people in this group and their behaviour to my close friend.
The verse which God spoke to me was: Psalm 19:14

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer"

Wow.... God is speaking to me about the need to control the way I speak for our tongue is like a double-edged sword, having the ability to comfort yet hurt people. I really need to control my tongue for there is always a possibility that it might hurt people. I will rise up in faith that no matter what I speak, I will always seek to speak words of live to people. Somehow, I feel that God is using me to reach out this close friend of this trip. There has been a few opportunity in which I've planted seeds into her heart in a gentle way and it seems like she's a good and furtile soil because there's always questions coming from her. Questioning is good because it can help me reflect on my faith and personal way with Christ. There are Christians out there who might not even know much about their faith and some of the reasons for the things which we do as a Christian.

I prayed that God will use me as a vessel to pour out His love towards the people around me, to be a good witness and testimony of His works, that they might come to know Him. I prayed that whenever an opportunity arise to speak His words to unsaved sould, I prayed that He will touch my lips so that it is He who speaks and not me. As I grow in faith, I will grow His church, to bring in more people to know Him. God is faithful....