Friday, July 18, 2008

Second week...>

I missed home already.... My bed, the yummy food such as mee pok, handmade noodles, roti prata and many others...

Many things had happened during the week.

One thing that I sure missed is my church (my home) and my church friends. Up to this moment, the online sermone has not been sent to me and I'm waiting for it to come. Will it ever come to me? At first, I was filled with confidence that the sermon will come to me through email but as time goes by, doubts began to arise in my heart. That is not a good sign because when there is doubts, there will be a lack of faith because faith cannot stand together with doubt. I need to have more faith and confidence that the sermon will come to me eventually.

In addition, my only connection to the world while I'm at home is dead. I can't connect to the internet at all. The cable connection can't work at all and the wireless signal is so weak and unstable. I can't connect to the online live service held by city harvest on the weekend. I pray that the connection will work soon.

My roommate...
Oh... I can't stand the way she do her stuff. The way she washes her cup.... There is still stains on the side of the cup. Plus, I've been doing all the cooking of the dinner almost every evening and it seems that she's always 'pretending' to help with the cooking when I'm almost done with it. It's like the moment we got home, I would change my clothes while she would immediately jump into the showers to take a shower. Then, it just leaves me to do the cooking and she would conveniently walked out of her shower and asked whether there's anything that she can helped. Such a hypo person.... Then, while having our meals together, she would finished her food very fast and would go off to washed her own dishes with the frying pan. That would means that it actual fact, I'm doing the dishes because I would be the one finishing the food and clearing the dishes. Lately, I've been the one clearing the trash which requires me to walk extra distance or a detour to throw out the trash.

There is no proper division of work at home and I don't like it. I don't mean to complain and I tried to accept it with an open heart with the love of God showered onto me. Even for the lunch vouchers which the company gave us, I've been the one using the voucher for the sharing of the food and has used up 2 of the 6 vouchers for the lunch. It seems to me that she has no intention to use her vouncher at all. Oh well... I guess I will just have to treat it as treating her to the lunch with the use of the vouchers. No point going after her for the food vounchers and straining the relationship. Afterall, I've to share the same apartment with her for the next 9 weeks.

Soon.. the weekend is here again... A time of rest and play and the time to call back home to check on the things happening at home. I think my mum missed me because from the way she talks on the phone, there's this feeling of missing. It's hard to describe the feeling. I guess no matter what happens, a mother will always miss her child no matter where her child is at.

Can anyone send me some local Singaporean food such as curry chicken, chicken rice mix etc? I will give you my address so that you can send it to me.