Friday, August 01, 2008

Integrity and Principle>

Finally, I know what Pastor How was trying to tell us during one of his sermons during the service. The one on having integrity, honesty and principle in the things which we took at work or at school.

I've never had any problem with this issue when I was still in school but the moment I started working, this issue just pop up suddenly in front of me. I feel that it's a challenge to be working in this company. The main challenge is not the main job scope which is required of me or the working environment but instead, it's the people whom I will be working with.

Right now, after approximately 4 weeks of interactions with them in here for training, their fox tails have found up. Somehow, I feel that they have no principle which they adhere to when they are working. Ever since the sermon which Pastor How preached, I feel that I need to adhere to a certain code of principle when I stepped out into the working world in order to be a good witness and testimony of His works for Jesus Christ is living within me. Whatever that I do or say, it is a reflection of Jesus. I want to be His good worker in the fields that people who sees me will view me as someone who is special for the God who is living within her and not by her own effort.

Therefore, this is my code of principle at work. No matter what matters, I will 'eat snake' at work, meaning that I will not deliberately take time off from my official working hours to do personal stuff. When the company says that I need to clock in a certain working hours per day, I will adhere to it, meaning that I will not come in late and leave early which I see some of my colleagues doing now. Even on Monday, I didn't feel comfortable that they wanted to leave for work for such a late hour at 8am and arriving at about 8.30pm. Also, they do the time to go to the petrol station to fill up the tank during office hour. In addition, during office hour (outside of lunch hour), they went out for approximately 45 minutes to the post offices across the street. I just feel that it's unacceptable at all, afterall we need to be accountable for our actions and be a responsible worker. Though our direct supervisor is not with us, we are still accountable to him for the people here are still reporting to him about our progress.

Also, the company stated clearly about the use of internet during office hours for personal use. I admit and don't deny that I do use the internet during office hour for personal use such as checking of emails and occasional blogging, I use it only at limited time. The way I use the internet, I priorize the things that I need to do for the day. Before the start of the work day, I set up a list of the possible things that I aim to accomplish at the end of the day. So, as the day progress, I begin to do my work that I know that it was possible to finish whatever that I set out to do. With that in mind, I will then use the internet for personal use. I just feel that we, as employee, should not abuse our rights and do certain things excessively that are not right. For instance, it has been a full 3 weeks which we have been given to read the OPs in addition to some OJTs, based on some expectation and experience, I know that we should have finish our reading by now. But then, most of them are left with quite a bit more to finish and I feel that the main reason to their incapability is due to excessively surfing of the internet instead of doing the reading. I feel that it's unacceptable at all because our time here is extremely precious and we are on tight schedule but they are treating this training as child's play. They can't see the anxiousness which they faced as they constantly asked on our progress. Anyway, I've decided to tell the trainers that I was ready to move on to the next phase of training since I've completed my reading and I didn't want to waste my time doing nothing while waiting for the rest to complete their reading.

In all that I do, I seek the peace of God within my heart, mind and soul. God is telling me to stand up to be a difference in the workplace and to be a blessing to others. Though I know that I've already draw some negative comments and remarks from certain colleagues due to some problems in the accounting for the party celebration of birthday, I'm not afraid to stand alone if there is a need for it for I know that God will always be with me, supporting and comforting me. I thank my God for being so supporting of me, always guiding and teaching me.

I can never please man but I can always please God. God is all that I live for and He lives in me. I love my God....