Saturday, August 02, 2008

Some frustrations at work...>

As mentioned in my previous entry, I feel that my colleagues are starting to show their true colors of their personality and character. Some of them are getting onto my nerves, especially with the things which they are doing. No wonder we need to guide ourselves against such people for we are like sheep being sent out into the world of wolves.

I’m feeling in that way now whereby I’m such an innocent sheep among the wolves. I thank God for the good and close colleague whom I have for support, who constantly helped and guided me through some of the problems that I may face. Though she may be arrogant with the knowledge and experience that she have at times, I acknowledge that weakness which most people have for pride is one way which the devil tempts us into committing. I admit that I do have this issue of pride and arrogant where I do get arrogant about the learning experience that I have through my internship at various companies where I learnt many equipments. Constantly, I pray that God will guide me and teach me to be more humbled.

Anyway, back to the main issue, right now, there is a leading gang in this small group of colleagues that I will be working with and their views are opposing to my own code of principle. Their working principle is more relaxed and not that serious. I really wonder whether my supervisor and the rest of the recruiting personnel had made the right decision when they wanted to employ them and I doubt that they are the cream of the crop that they are employed in this job position.

Something annoying happened just now which I don’t know whether I should give that particular colleague the benefit of doubt because it’s difficult to prove the actions, which she has done. For instance, she switched on her music very loudly and when we told her to lower down the volume, she ‘deliberately’ increased the volume and I heard a comment along this line; ”Lower the volume?” Then, there was this expression of unbelief as we were trying to discuss something quietly and it was distracting our thinking process. This same person who did this happens to be my roommate which I have many unhappiness towards her. Living under the same roof as her is a torture as she doesn’t help with the basic cleaning of the apartment. All along, I’ve been the one to vacuum the place and clearing of the trash. I wonder how much I can tolerate and loving her. Loving the unlovable is totally a test of my faith. I thank God for His love and how He could love those who prosecute Him.

Right now, my apartment can be both a heaven and a living torture for me. In the sense, when she has retired to her room, I feel that it’s heaven for me as I seat in the living room or the kitchen. But the moment I need to be some where with her, like preparing our food in the kitchen, I feel uncomfortable and uneasy. I like my room for it’s self-contained that I don’t need to be out often. I hope that I can bring in the router into my room so that it’s much more easier to access the internet in the comfort of my room instead of having to face her. The scary look on her face and with the weird aura around her.



Ravina Night…

On Wednesday, I went for the Ravinia night which is a place where people gathered in the park to listen to some music and have some food together. It’s similar to the concept of ‘Picnic in the park” back in Singapore where there would be concert going on and people could have a simple picnic to enjoy the music and company. The experience was great in the sense that the food was alright and the crowd was good. I’m truly amazed that the people toned down and become very quiet when the music was played. Also, the place was extremely clean as they cleared up after the concert. I’m impressed by the people who are so responsible towards their environment and their appreciation for the arts. However, it was an exhausting night because we reached home late and it was tiring to get up in the morning for work. I will upload the picture some time in the future when I have the cable to do now.

Chinatown:

I’m so excited to go to Chinatown in downtown Chicago and I feel so blessed because there would be someone to drive us there instead of taking the train there. Somehow, I feel that the flavor of man has been granted upon me by God for people in America has received me in gladness and I’m making headway in my training. In fact, I’ve started on my procedure-based project training while the rest are still doing their reading. The trainers have been very kind, patient and helpful towards me, constantly guiding me through the many silly questions that I might have. Also, they have been kind to bring us around and accommodating our requests to visit certain parts. I thank God for these people and His provision in giving me the transport that I need at times to get to places on certain days. My God will never fail or disappoint me.